• Custom Search

Ldjd79

2018 Navi Mirror Tap for Radar Detector

Looked all over net for which wires to use for a rear view mirror tap for our Uniden R3 detector, but couldn’t find anything. So after a little trial and error, I got it figured out.  

Our Navi is a 2018 Reserve which has the technology package.  The cover just pops off with a little effort.  

Here is the link to the tap.

MirrorTap MTX-1010, RJ-11, 10"... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I1XF4XU?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Black = ACC On Hot

Green = Ground

LD

30A97703-F484-4E84-96E4-53F4A7DAAF85.jpeg

94E7BB03-830F-4983-A880-5C6479757A74.jpeg

image.jpg

Well after a day of driving with the detector, I noticed it wasn’t picking up as far out as it normally does in my Silverado. I am thinking it may be the UV protection on the windshield. I have moved it to where the manual says to put toll tags and will try it out tomorrow.  If the results are the same, a remote detector may be the only good option. 

out of curiosity, did changing the positioning help?  Getting ready to wire my Uniden R3 into my very similar 2020 Navi (Reserve) and curious on placement.  Thank you so much for the mirror tap info as well.  saved me some work!

My toll tag experience, and from what I have been reading on various forums, they do not work anywhere on Navigator windshields with Heads Up Displays ... I suspect may have same experience with radar detectors.