Who else is working OT?

chkchka

At KCAP the SUV(escape) is running OT and now this week for the first time in months they are allowing trucks(f150) to go over 8 hours. Doesn't make sense to lay us off to make us work OT but that's one of the reasons we are in the shit we are in right now. Just curious how many other plants are working OT, or if any is getting cut or added. Might be a good indicator of the economy of Ford currently to keep track.

At KCAP the SUV(escape) is running OT and now this week for the first time in months they are allowing trucks(f150) to go over 8 hours. Doesn't make sense to lay us off to make us work OT but that's one of the reasons we are in the shit we are in right now. Just curious how many other plants are working OT, or if any is getting cut or added. Might be a good indicator of the economy of Ford currently to keep track.

I work at KCAP, worked less than 8 on truck side. Not seeing any overtime?

You know that the body shop don't count, it's only the Amhad's money line that matters.

Chassis went short almost every shift this week. It ran like shit but went short.

I'm at OHAP, and I work in the body shop of the econoline. We've been working 10 hrs for almost 4 years!! We were doing every other Saturday for a while. but we go tens just about everyday. Our body shop breaks down continously.

I'm at OHAP, and I work in the body shop of the econoline. We've been working 10 hrs for almost 4 years!! We were doing every other Saturday for a while. but we go tens just about everyday. Our body shop breaks down continously.

Yeah we're running over because of breakdowns but before we cut it off at 8 hrs no matter what we built. Could've been 150 jobs and 8 hrs was still the cutoff.

Just like yesterday when we have had a shitty week with several machines what did we do? We worked on adding heaters for some B.S. e-tracker, boy that will help this week won't it?

Check this out. A few years ago when we worked Saturdays we had a Friday from hell on nights in the bodyshop. When we came in for Saturday we takled all three areas that we had chicken wired together the night before to make 1/2 production. Monday morning the shop ran like a top and our foreman got his butt reamed for not following the "weekend work list". I guess they don't care if the plant runs, make sure you follow the sorry ass list.

Check this out. A few years ago when we worked Saturdays we had a Friday from hell on nights in the bodyshop. When we came in for Saturday we takled all three areas that we had chicken wired together the night before to make 1/2 production. Monday morning the shop ran like a top and our foreman got his butt reamed for not following the "weekend work list". I guess they don't care if the plant runs, make sure you follow the sorry ass list.

Management at its best, the ME manager made promises that his foreman didn't keep. That is the way these non-maintanence guys have ruined maintanence at Ford. With this round of buyouts maybe it is time to find someone who respects us to work for.

So what you are saying is some brainiacs in charge feel installing 2 more fans blowing on an operation that already has 4 fans should have taken presedence over replacing a robot harness with an intermittant fault.

And people wonder why we are failing!

Edited by unionj

• 2 weeks later...

at KTP we are currently having rotational layoffs but the shifts that are working. are working OT. what is that shit? layoff a shift, and work the other shifts OT. if i was building chairman, i'd be fighting that shit. but then again, he may lose some of his big bucks if he stirs the pot any

at KTP we are currently having rotational layoffs but the shifts that are working. are working OT. what is that shit? layoff a shift, and work the other shifts OT. if i was building chairman, i'd be fighting that shit. but then again, he may lose some of his big bucks if he stirs the pot any

Yea, he's gotta make all the money he can now because he's back to the line at the next election.

At least his son ,the one with no social skills ,the one with the questionable seniority date will have a nice cushy job that daddy got him :shrug: benefits rep....... :shrug:

damn, does someone agree with me about our shitty union??? seems as everyone on here gets all defensive when you bad mouth the UAW.