Updated Cadillac website and commercials

igor

simlarly to Pontiac, Gm cdhanged the cadillac website - this one is more "usual" - but the nice thing is, it has all the new ads posted already - CTS, DTS, and XLR have their commercials posted .. Click on the model, and the selct "Commedials and Downloads" subsection.

- - - - - - - - - -

click here to view the commercials

added by staff

- - - - - - - - - - -

for everyone ... on either side of the "Bold Moves sucks" and "American Dreams Sucks" debates .. this is Lifestyle advertising at tits best.

For Richard and others like me enjoying lifestyle ads - it has very little voiceover information - the DTS commercials have a single line. It stays true to the lifestyle advertsing mantra.

However, for those bashing Ford for too little cars in the commercials - this is all about the car - these ads communicate information about the product through images and association.

the "New Job" DTS commerical is somewhat weak, the "Shine" XLR commercial is derivative - but especially the "Heart" XLR, "Trickle" CTS commercial and "Khakis" CTS commericals are SPOT ON to what Lifestyle advertising is about ... they talk about the car WITHOUT talking about the car.

so this is where Ford should be with their ads - ads that make the car desirable BY ASSOCIATION of what is presented in the ads.

PS - I realy love the Khakis commercial - makes me want to buy a CTS - seriously.

Igor

I always thought the Mustang commercials were good. I guess Ford is so ashamed of the other products that they can't generate excitement from showing the products and the features themselves. They are trying to use some sort of psychology that people are happy with thier products. But honestly the new Freestyle ad is the most boring and depressing ever. Plus they advertized a vehicle which needs a facelift to look better. The Freestyle looks like it's been around five years already and I think it has a lot to do with the fact it's styled like old Ford products which have since been facelifted.

Edited by Watchdevil

Cadillac's commercials were great, my favorite was Trickle and Diner. I think the Diner commercial is great because it addresses the stigma of Cadillac being an old persons car & especially with their DTS, but Cadillac puts a twist on it saying the car isn't for older people it's for gentlemen. All young professionals want a little class and sophistication & this commercial delivers it.

I never watch TV, but use the internet for everything, & still haven't seen the new Navigator ads online plus Lincolns online ad page is weak.

I'm very disappointed with them. I hate their whole new ad campaign. Completely took away all the boldness and agressiveness. Their new slogal... Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit... I think that's pretty stupid.

Life is a cereal, Liberty is a Jeep, and Pursuit is a Pontiac.

Breakthrough was a great slogan. I loved all the ads they had back then. It focused on the company's bold new image and agressiveness. I liked it so much I put BRK THRU on my CTS-V's license plate. I liked it so much I bought a CTS and a CTS-V.

there were 2 problems wth breakthrough:

1) the association with Led Zeppelin made it not as attractive for 20 somethings

2) it could not translate to Spanish

both of these issues became highlighted as time went by.

Igor

I was 18 when I got my CTS, and 19 when I added the CTS-V. I can assure you, when I was in high school, EVERYONE knew what my CTS was.

I can assure you even more, more kids in their 20s know what a V is than people above 40. Everywhere I go I have people in their 20s and 30s, or even teens complimenting the V. Whereas, once in a while, I'll get someone older tell me nice car.

I was 18 when I got my CTS, and 19 when I added the CTS-V. I can assure you, when I was in high school, EVERYONE knew what my CTS was.

I can assure you even more, more kids in their 20s know what a V is than people above 40. Everywhere I go I have people in their 20s and 30s, or even teens complimenting the V. Whereas, once in a while, I'll get someone older tell me nice car.

A CTS & CTS-V, what were you doing when you were a teen, selling drugs?

there were 2 problems wth breakthrough:

1) the association with Led Zeppelin made it not as attractive for 20 somethings

2) it could not translate to Spanish

both of these issues became highlighted as time went by.

Igor

You'd be surpised how many people under 30, including me, still appreciate REAL music.... Honestly you would.

Working as a marketing rep. for a company that is contracted by GM... Working hard at school... Doing web development work...

Wow, that is a good job. I'm just finishing college where I am earning a degree in CIS. I hope to make as much as you do with web development!

Edited by StevenJ

Working as a marketing rep. for a company that is contracted by GM... Working hard at school... Doing web development work...

Congrats, doing what you like, making money, and driving nice cars...pretty much got it made! I'm doing something similar with my spare time & once revenue is more than my current salary I'll go full-time with it.