May 1, 11:00 am EDT Leadership During Crisis: A Conversation with Ford Motor Company CEO Jim Hackett

May 1, 11:00 am EDT
Leadership During Crisis: A Conversation with Ford Motor Company CEO Jim Hackett

https://www.washingtonpost.com/washington-post-live-leadership-during-crisis-May-1/
Leadership During Crisis: A Conversation with Ford Motor Company CEO Jim Hackett 
The coronavirus has taken a toll on the auto industry. This month, fewer cars will be built in the United States than at any time since World War II. Despite the economic uncertainty, some businesses like Ford Motor Company are using their resources to help fight the pandemic. Join Washington Post Live for a conversation between Ford CEO Jim Hackett and Washington Post columnist David Ignatius. Hackett will discuss the future of auto manufacturing in the U.S. and how Ford is aiding in the fight against covid-19 by mass producing respirators, face masks and medical gowns. 

You can watch it here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/washington-post-live-leadership-during-crisis-May-1/

The nice news was his dropping the date of May 18 as a target they would like to hit (no commitment yet) for starting to reopen US factories. He also spoke about getting permission from Michigan to start pre-positioning materials that are out on the loading docks to prepare for reopening.

Welcome to BON.  Good interview I thought.  Lot of .."food for  thought" as to how things have worked since the shutdown and what will change going forward.  Agree that much can be done going forward as Hackett pointed out referencing the conversation he had with Ignatius.  I just hope that the trend doesn't get carried  away too much.  Old guy who has been retired for 10 yrs and I know  things change, but nothing like being able to read "body language" when you have a group of people around a table trying to work out a problem or negotiate a settlement IMO.

Only other thing Hackett said  that I  wish he would think about is he referred to Rory Gamble and "his" employees.  Jim, they are YOUR (Ford's) employees not the UAW's.  They are Gambles "members".  Gambles "employees" are his paid staff guys that your employees pay their hard earned money to support.

I have a lot of Ford shares and have not been a Hackett fan but I  thought he came across as a credible guy here.