ice-capades

2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the production timetable for the 2021/2022MY F-Series Super Duty.

• 02/18/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/25/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 05/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 06/24/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/22/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  •      TBD          - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 06/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/12/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)

Saw some 2022 pre production models this week. Couldn't tell what the changes are.  They had the dash covered up.

Well this is interesting. I was contemplating buying an F250 to replace my Raptor, but have been somewhat reluctant because the interior is pretty much the same as my truck, which I have had since 2017.  I wonder if they are putting the 2021 F150 interior in there?  I feel they need to do something  with the interior a little sooner than they wood since the competition seems to be heating up pretty good in the segment.  This will probably delay my decision now.  

2 hours ago, tbone said:

Well this is interesting. I was contemplating buying an F250 to replace my Raptor, but have been somewhat reluctant because the interior is pretty much the same as my truck, which I have had since 2017.  I wonder if they are putting the 2021 F150 interior in there?  I feel they need to do something  with the interior a little sooner than they wood since the competition seems to be heating up pretty good in the segment.  This will probably delay my decision now.  

We won't know much until the order guide is released or we start to see some spy photos or another BOF member learns something. 

Really can't wait for the new SD. I like what Ford's done with the 14th-Gen F-150. Hopefully the 6.7 PSD and the 7.3L Godzilla gas V8 will continue (if the 6.8L Triton gas V10 stayed in production for as long as it did, I imagine that the Godzilla will stick around for a good long while).

-Vince

Wow is that a short run of 2021 s no Job 2?  early start on 2022s somethings up changes possibly.  I have a 2021 F 350 6.7 CCLB on order. 

I think they are going to slap the new F150 interior into the 2022.  Purely speculation on my part, but why else would you have such a short run.  I feel the current interior of the Superduty is a liability to sales at this point, when compared to the competition.  It is the reason I have not pulled the trigger on one yet.  

I thinking you may be right tbone !  wondering if shouldnt have waited oh well still looking for ward to getting back into a f350 diesel.

7 hours ago, mountaincat900 said:

I thinking you may be right tbone !  wondering if shouldnt have waited oh well still looking for ward to getting back into a f350 diesel.

Well you can just not take possession of the truck, and wait for the 2022.  It doesn’t look like the wait will be long.  I imagine we will hear more details sooner rather than later, and if there isn’t anything major changing just find a 2021.  

I was about ready to order 2021 w near zero incentives and little dealer discounts cause of low inventory. Makes me put a pause and re think this 80k purchase

If anyone gets mote info please post, I ordered but will walk if no eco or rebates of interior different in 22s

I would be kind of bummed if the interior got updated a couple months after I get my truck but oh well I need it now, not in 9 months. Time will tell!

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the production timetable for the 2021/2022MY F-Series Super Duty.

• 01/22/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/25/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 05/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 06/24/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/22/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  •      TBD          - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 06/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/12/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)

Now that 2021 ordering is over, when will we see a 2022 order guide, or at least a summary of changes?

8 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

Now that 2021 ordering is over, when will we see a 2022 order guide, or at least a summary of changes?

Not until the order bank opens in March.

On 1/23/2021 at 3:28 PM, akirby said:

Not until the order bank opens in March.

Any word on if the 2022 Super Duty will receive the 2021 F-150 changes and upgrades?

5 hours ago, mpcmotorsports said:

Any word on if the 2022 Super Duty will receive the 2021 F-150 changes and upgrades?

You'll have to wait until the 2022 Super Duty Order Guide is released on or about 03/15/2021. 

So is it my understanding that first 2022 will get built in June 2021

4 hours ago, The widge said:

So is it my understanding that first 2022 will get built in June 2021

Yes... June 1st per the scheduled posted. 

This makes me wonder. Short run of 2021's, order banks of 2022's start 3/15/21, which clearly means there will be an updated interior?? Ford has to step up their interior competitiveness with Ram, which done a good job with the interior on the new Ram HD trucks. IMO, Ford nailed it in the 2021 F-150's interior. I'd expect some type of version of the F-150 interior for 2022 super duty. Then, 2023 MY (on sale spring 2022??) the full remake of the outside will follow.

I ordered a '21 F-350 Tremor Ultimate Lariat 6.7 2/16/21 with a priority code of 13, 1k below invoice. I need the truck before memorial day weekend. Otherwise, I would just wait for the '22.

I like the existing SD interior.  If they brought the bigger display from the 150 (oh, and those lie flat seats!!!) without taking away the mechanical switches, that would be cool.

I think LEDs are standard now on the 150 (head and tail lights).  If that’s the case, I guess that’s cool too.

I don’t like the virtual instrument cluster in the 150.  I like analog gauges.  But I guess everyone else must prefer the virtual or ford would not build it.  I don’t know if the demographics are different enough between 150 and SD buyers to warrant different instruments. 

The good news is that my 2021 has not even arrived yet and is not scheduled to until March 3.  Worst case, I could try and sell the truck at not too much of a loss and order a new 2022 with X plan.  I managed to get $1k below X plan (and did not have to use the PIN) and there are still not too many super duties on the lots so I might not take too much of a bath.

Ah first world problems...

Edited by STDevil
Added info on gauges

2 hours ago, STDevil said:

I managed to get $1k below X plan (and did not have to use the PIN) and there are still not too many super duties on the lots so I might not take too much of a bath.

How were you able to negotiate 1K below x plan?

Man, it is really tempting to wait and see but I really need a truck this summer. I wonder if you ordered right away and they build in June how quickly I would get a 2022? I have to imagine as a nobody I might be far down the initial surge of orders and might not get one this summer? I don't hate the current interior but the F150 is lights out. Decisions. decisions. Chances are I won't have my truck before the order guide comes out. Then what to do with the truck on order?

Here is my rationale on timing.  Orders placed in late August 2020 were arriving in late October 2020, for 2021 MY.  That was with a 2 week shut down for the 2021 change over.  This year, there is a one month shut down, so it would seem likely that all parts would be available at the beginning of the June run.  I think if you order mid-March you are looking at late June for delivery.  Time will tell, but that's what I'm doing.  I'll be fine if it's a month later, but getting a 2022 this early in 2021 is good for value, if you care.  I don't, since I plan to keep it forever.  I do care about getting the latest electronics and am hoping the Sync 4 will be in there.  If not, oh well.  Many improvements get made in the model year change, even if they aren't obvious.  It's worth waiting another 3 weeks to find out.