ice-capades

2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information

3 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

It seems there is a shortage of Super Duties at this time. I have heard it is a shortage of electronics, but I don't know if this is true or not. In another thread, I read that they were running 3 shifts a day, so I'm not sure if it is a supply issue or demand side pressure. If it is a supply issue, is it anticipated that the supply chain will be caught up and there will be enough supply to fill the dealer lots again by year end?

There are stories in the media almost daily about the microchip shortage affecting production of vehicles from all manufacturers. Just yesterday Ford announced additional production cuts to F-150, Super Duty and other vehicles.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2021/03/31/chip-shortage-pushes-ford-cancel-more-production/4825723001/

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There are stories in the media almost daily about the microchip shortage affecting production of vehicles from all manufacturers. Just yesterday Ford announced additional production cuts to F-150, Super Duty and other vehicles.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2021/03/31/chip-shortage-pushes-ford-cancel-more-production/4825723001/

Thanks! Do you think there is any chance that trucks ordered this summer won't deliver by year end?

7 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Thanks! Do you think there is any chance that trucks ordered this summer won't deliver by year end?

I wouldn't think so but it's too early to tell with all the factors affecting production this year, especially the microchip shortage. Retail orders always have scheduling priority though, so it shouldn't be a problem. 

21 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

It seems there is a shortage of Super Duties at this time.

Yes sir Robin Hood, Cox Automotive's latest Data Point issue confirmed this. The report indicated that F-Series Super Duty inventory levels were down to as low as 43 days supply for certain configurations. 

March-23-models-chip-shortage-table-Detr

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated production timetable for the 2021/2022MY F-Series Super Duty.

• 01/20/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 06/04/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 07/20/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/22/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  • 04/29/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 06/04/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/20/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)

We ordered a 2022 F-250 and a 2022 F-350 a few weeks back... What are the chances they arrive before the end of July East Coast.... ? anybody have an educated guess?

On 4/6/2021 at 11:27 AM, Ford truck guy said:

We ordered a 2022 F-250 and a 2022 F-350 a few weeks back... What are the chances they arrive before the end of July East Coast.... ? anybody have an educated guess?

chances are better if you ordered on 3/15, as you move further away from 3/15, the less chance you'll receive it when you wanted it.  What priority did the dealer put on the order?

10 hours ago, road turtle said:

chances are better if you ordered on 3/15, as you move further away from 3/15, the less chance you'll receive it when you wanted it.  What priority did the dealer put on the order?

One was 3/22 and the other was 3/25. both show 18 

Posted (edited)

Question,

I just ordered a 2022 F-350 XLT 6.7 Tremor. 

The XLT indicates it includes the "Power Equipment Group", which has the PowerScope/Folding mirrors. However, on the Ford configuration website, it still gives the option of selecting the PowerScope/Folding telescoping mirrors for $280 as a standalone option. When I selected this option, it did not say "included in power equipment group"

Is Ford charging me $280 for something that's already standard?? I really have to have these folding mirrors, makes it much easier to pull in garage with out having to manually fold them. 

I was afraid if I did not select this option, that it would maybe not be dlivered with it.

Thoughts? Should I have dealer remove this option which will reduce the price $280?

O

Edited by Baddestt

This is what the order guide says.  Apparently those mirrors are part of the package but only on Lariat.   They are a separate option on XLT.  No idea why they worded it that way.

image.png.ec21a35769ca6cc97a96cc03ae085be3.png

Aghh, got it now. Yep the wording makes it confusing. Thank you for the clarification, glad I selected the option!

lariat gets it standard

Mirrors – Power-folding with Autofold, PowerScope® Telescoping, Power Glass Trailer Tow Mirrors with Heat, Turn Signal, High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, Utility Lighting System (LED Side-mirror Spotlights and Body-color skull caps)