ice-capades

2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information

What are you guys that are ordering the same build as the 2021 finding out for a price difference when ordering same for a 2022? I'm at 75k for a 2021 and my wife is not happy, she will be even more unhappy if it's 80k for a 2022.

How much did pricing $ change?

7 minutes ago, mink said:

Mine didnt realy change much  i posted my build sheet one page back

Cackalacky, so your 2021 build was about the same price as your 2022 build? 

11 minutes ago, krugger2 said:

Cackalacky, so your 2021 build was about the same price as your 2022 build? 

yes, the only diff between the FORD.com build and the Order sheet is the addition of 60W wipers/ heated wheel.

2021 Build.JPG

order sheet.jpg

2 hours ago, mink said:

$600 increase from the same 2021MY build. My order went in today.

20210316-140742_p3.jpg

5 hours ago, ohsnap said:

I don't think so. Ineligible products attached.

IneligibleProducts.pdf

Ya just ordered a F450 chassis cab 👎

This 2022 F-Series Production Information forum is intended for actual production information. It is not intended for general discussion and/or posts related to BOF members sharing their order preferences, order submissions, etc. which should be in a different forum subject. The alternative is to lock this forum.  

21 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Retail order scheduling won't start until the "OK to Buy" status is reached... 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects.  

Hope this is the appropriate thread to ask this.

Production begins June 1, so does that mean that retail orders won't even be scheduled until sometime in early June?  In other words, if someone orders now, will they have to wait till early June to find out what week their truck will be built?

10 minutes ago, PawPawSchneider said:

Any schedule for the online configurator?

TIA

Anytime between now and when they start hitting dealer lots.   Depends a lot on how many leftover 2021 models they're still trying to sell.

Production Question -- If an order was placed for a 2022 F450 now and the dealer looks to be using a Priority Code 19, would it be reasonable to expect delivery NLT September/October Time Frame?  New to the Special Order process and the change over adds complexity but can wait....    Thanks

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MilesD said:

Production Question -- If an order was placed for a 2022 F450 now and the dealer looks to be using a Priority Code 19, would it be reasonable to expect delivery NLT September/October Time Frame?  New to the Special Order process and the change over adds complexity but can wait....    Thanks

I think July is more likely if you order now.

Edited by ScottK1

Retail orders have a priority of 10-19.  Lower is better.  But it depends entirely on what else your dealer has ordered and how much allocation they get.

If yours is the only special order it gets scheduled first when allocation is available.  If the dealer has 20 other orders at priority 10 you’re 21st.

if the dealer has 20 other orders all at 19 but yours has the earliest order date you’re #1.  Last order date and you’re 21st.

Is the VIN issued when scheduled or at what point?

Posted (edited)

I wanted to thank those in this forum that pointed me and others to the Mustang Club of America. Joining the club does qualify us for X Plan Pricing on the new F250 & F350's . A 60 day wait period is required, but as many have already pointed out, Ford isn't changing over production until June 1st, so nobody will be receiving delivery for at least 120 days or longer. After joining, I was able to acquire the X-Plan Pin # immediately, as someone else , already divulged. 

What I do want to warn everybody about, however, is that I discovered a "VERY" clever loophole in the Rules & Guidelines that Ford has laid out! The X-Plan is only eligible for Digital & Standard Members of the MCA. If you select the $25/year plan in haste (as I did)  , you will not technically be qualified for X-Plan Pricing , even though the software will quickly generate a PIN # for you. If you come across a dealer that is paying close attention to details , when the time comes to pay for your new Super Duty, you could find yourself on the hook for the difference somewhere between the X-Plan Price and MSRP, which could be significant. For $10 more , be safe and sign up for the Digital Membership. Most customers would go ballistic and fight this , if it actually happened , but the documents would not be on your side. The best way to win that fight, is to not fall in the trap. 

Benefits of Membership – Mustang Club of America.pdf

fordpartner rules.pdf

Edited by Teddy Bear

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MilesD said:

I hadn't seen akirby's reply when I first wrote this...

It takes longer to get F-450 and F-550 pick-ups scheduled and it's still early to estimate delivery ETA's but I'd have to guess so far that September would be a reasonable estimate for now.

Retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to Priority Code 19 even though the range for retail orders is 10-19 with 10 being the most desirable. A lot of Dealers are ignoring the Priority Codes defaulting to 19 and can end up with multiple orders at 19. When that happens the system is going to treat those orders as being equal and schedule the one that's the complies with commodity restraints the easiest, regardless of the order date. I'd advise talking to your Dealer and ask them to change your Priority Code. 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/ 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

11 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

I think July is more likely if you order now.

Retail order scheduling won't start until the "OK to Buy" status is reached... 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects.  

9 hours ago, 22F250 said:

Is the VIN issued when scheduled or at what point?

The VIN number is generated at the time the order is scheduled. If you don't have a VIN number then the order hasn't been scheduled. Don't let a Dealer tell you otherwise unless it's one of the few model exceptions scheduled for production outside North America. I believe EcoSport and Transit Connect but would have to check. In addition, units built for export (Mustang) have their VIN numbers assigned some time after the initial scheduling. 

9 hours ago, Teddy Bear said:

What I do want to warn everybody about, however, is that I discovered a "VERY" clever loophole in the Rules & Guidelines that Ford has laid out! The X-Plan is only eligible for Digital & Standard Members of the MCA. If you select the $25/year plan in haste (as I did)  , you will not technically be qualified for X-Plan Pricing , even though the software will quickly generate a PIN # for you. If you come across a dealer that is paying close attention to details , when the time comes to pay for your new Super Duty, you could find yourself on the hook for the difference somewhere between the X-Plan Price and MSRP, which could be significant. For $10 more , be safe and sign up for the Digital Membership. Most customers would go ballistic and fight this , if it actually happened , but the documents would not be on your side. The best way to win that fight, is to not fall in the trap. 

Benefits of Membership – Mustang Club of America.pdf

fordpartner rules.pdf

This is misleading.  Ford has nothing whatsoever to do with how MCA gives out x plans or their requirements including membership level requirements.  That’s entirely up to the MCA.  

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2021 at 8:48 AM, akirby said:

This is misleading.  Ford has nothing whatsoever to do with how MCA gives out x plans or their requirements including membership level requirements.  That’s entirely up to the MCA.  

Directly from the MCA newsletter:

Ford Motor Company is modifying the X-Plan program for Mustang Club of America members. 

Going forward only Standard and Digital members will be eligible for X-Plan. 

Additionally, you must have been a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use the X-Plan. The latter 90 day requirement is being added for all organizations eligible for X-Plan. 

More details as they become available.
Edited by pig9r

Posted (edited)

It seems there is a shortage of Super Duties at this time. I have heard it is a shortage of electronics, but I don't know if this is true or not. In another thread, I read that they were running 3 shifts a day, so I'm not sure if it is a supply issue or demand side pressure. If it is a supply issue, is it anticipated that the supply chain will be caught up and there will be enough supply to fill the dealer lots again by year end?

Edited by Robin Hood

Does anybody know if the order bank is opened for Canadian dealers and the same time as US dealers

7 minutes ago, campingnut said:

Does anybody know if the order bank is opened for Canadian dealers and the same time as US dealers

Sorry. You'd have to ask a Canadian Ford Dealer.