Window Sticker Updates

KeyLime

Nothing important, just my idle curiosity.  I have a Mustang factory order.  Vehicle was built a month ago and is sitting at the plant waiting for a train headed to CA.  I've noticed that the Window Sticker is reissued every Sunday evening with a new date at the bottom of the page.  Nothing else on it has changed.  Why the weekly update and are window stickers revised at any other points in the production/transport/ sales process?

BTW, if someone can find space for my car on an Auto Rack headed to the rail delivery yard in Benicia, CA, the help would be greatly appreciated.  ?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, KeyLime said:

Nothing important, just my idle curiosity.  I have a Mustang factory order.  Vehicle was built a month ago and is sitting at the plant waiting for a train headed to CA.  I've noticed that the Window Sticker is reissued every Sunday evening with a new date at the bottom of the page.  Nothing else on it has changed.  Why the weekly update and are window stickers revised at any other points in the production/transport/ sales process?

BTW, if someone can find space for my car on an Auto Rack headed to the rail delivery yard in Benicia, CA, the help would be greatly appreciated. 

The Window Sticker date is the date that it was retrieved, displayed, etc. The Window Stickers are generated shortly before the vehicle goes into production. 

The Flat Rock Assembly Plant is known for shipping delays which can happen for any number of reasons depending on rail car availability, destination, quality holds, etc.