Optional Trailer Camera for F-150

Jperry

Does Anyone have any experience with the optional trailer camera mentioned in this link for the 2021 F-150?

The dealers do not seem to have much information on what part is needed to make this work with the Sync 4

Looks like the "ultimate trailer tow camera package" that is available on super duty's.  My dad has it on his 2019 F-250.  It had a replacement receptacle for the trailer wiring which eliminated the flat 4 connector and replaced it with the camera connector.  He mounted the camera on the back of the enclosed car hauler and ran the wire through the interior of the trailer, then out the front.  It is pretty useful, gives a nice image of what is behind the trailer when backing up.

Edited by Flying68

9 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

Looks like the "ultimate trailer tow camera package" that is available on super duty's.  My dad has it on his 2019 F-250.  It had a replacement receptacle for the trailer wiring which eliminated the flat 4 connector and replaced it with the camera connector.  He mounted the camera on the back of the enclosed car hauler and ran the wire through the interior of the trailer, then out the front.  It is pretty useful, gives a nice image of what is behind the trailer when backing up.

the 2021 F-150 has this same connector in place of the 4-pin trailer connector however, only 2 wires are connected to it.  On the older super duties more wires are connected but they also have the Sync3 leading some to speculate the camera and TPMS options for the sync4 may be wireless or something.  

I'm interested in this as well.  I have a Microlite trailer that is already prewired for a camera and would be nice to get one that will sync up with the screen in the truck rather than having a separate viewer.  I was planning on asking this question to the accessories guy at the dealership once my truck gets closer to being done.  If I find anything out that's promising I will post it up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...