Opinions on dash with large screen?

Kory04

I think we've all seen the dash with larger screens by now. I think I'd really like it if it wasn't for the first row of buttons immediately underneath the screen.  The way the first row of buttons is much narrower than the screen, and narrower than the second row of buttons drives me nuts. I personally would have spaced them out a bit more to make it more symmetrical look.  Just my opinion and I'm wondering what others think about the new interiors with larger screens

Myself..... I would prefer to go back the way it used to be were you can slide in your own radio. Pull the Factory one out and let me put in a Sony or base. When it dies...buy another. I would hate to see the cost of the 2022 12" screen and/or related electronics.

I'm an oddball though, keep my truck simple and plain, simple and plain is cheap to fix 20 years from now.

My 19 f350 xl has FM and bluetooth, and a Garmin on the window.lol

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

On 8/14/2021 at 10:48 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Myself..... I would prefer to go back the way it used to be were you can slide in your own radio. Pull the Factory one out and let me put in a Sony or base. When it dies...buy another. I would hate to see the cost of the 2022 12" screen and/or related electronics.

I'm an oddball though, keep my truck simple and plain, simple and plain is cheap to fix 20 years from now.

My 19 f350 xl has FM and bluetooth, and a Garmin on the window.lol

20 years? I bet thats gonna be a hard thing to do. Best is to get the least optioned truck possible if thats your goal. More electronics, more chance of failure. 

7 hours ago, JKinTx said:

20 years? I bet thats gonna be a hard thing to do. Best is to get the least optioned truck possible if thats your goal. More electronics, more chance of failure. 

Yeppers! The 19 is for work and it is an xl..(plain jane) my other truck is a 2000 k3500. Had a 19 stx f250 bit was not too happy with it my 2012 stx f150 I loved that thing!, had other trucks that came and gone but never sold my 2000 k3500 (will never sell it). 

I guess I love the Simplicity of it. It has power windows power doors, power driver seat (that I don't like because my fat belly always hits the buttons when I lean in in the seat position changes which bugs me)?.

But I like the fact that when the radio goes bad, pop the Dash cover off slide the radio out and put a new one in, I change radios in that thing probably six times over the years for one reason or another. Now the latest radio in it actually has motorized screen that slides out and pops up if I want the touch screen option( was 200 bucks on amazon). The 22 I just ordered is an x l t so it does not have many options and has the 8" screen, I focused on stuff like fifth wheel, snow plow, ect ect.

Personally I would love to buy a brand new truck that would give me the option to slide in aftermarket radio.  These integrated radios all I see is a big expensive screen that will eventually break and will be very expensive if I keep the truck for a long time.

The new 12 inch screen, very cool yes, just not for me

• Like 1

I love the look. And it now has the ability to do wireless CarPlay. It also is the only 12” screen that allows you to use the entire thing in a single function like map/nav. It also turns the entire screen into the back up camera which is nice as well, unlike some of the other companies 12” screen which is basically split. 

I know it’s probably not for everyone but my 2012 F250 didn’t even have a screen and though I loves that truck it left a lot to be desired aesthetically on the interior dash. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...