Pictures of production saved to touch screen

Kory04

I just toured the F150 plant last weekend, and had a great experience.  It was really fascinating to me that final assembly only takes 4.5 hours.  I would love to tour KTP when my Superduty is being built, and maybe even drive it off the line.  (I'd pay a lot to do that).  But maybe a more realistic idea would be to take several pictures during the production process and load them onto the vehicle's touch screen as background.  With automation these days, surely that would be doable without much human interaction during production

Edited by Kory04

I believe most manufacturers would not do this as the automotive industry is very competitive.  Manufacturers consider their processes proprietary and wouldn't want photos of the processes getting into a competitor's hands.  

I work for a supplier and am in an automotive plant every day. 

Last year, a truck driver snapped a photo with his cell phone of shrouded new model vehicles being loaded onto a truck and sent it to his supervisor to show why he was being detained and would be late for his next pick up. The way the vehicles were shrouded you couldn't even tell what they were. Someone saw him take the photo and his credentials to get on the plant grounds were revoked.

Edited by RedHoncho01

I understand some processes are secret, but seems like they  could show basic stuff like paint, the cab being lowered onto the truck, and the truck rolling off the line kind of thing.  If it was an automated camera mounted on the production line itself, there wouldn't be danger of exposing something unintentionally as there would be with an employee with a handheld camera

• 7 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 2:19 PM, Kory04 said:

I understand some processes are secret, but seems like they  could show basic stuff like paint, the cab being lowered onto the truck, and the truck rolling off the line kind of thing.  If it was an automated camera mounted on the production line itself, there wouldn't be danger of exposing something unintentionally as there would be with an employee with a handheld camera

Watched a bunch of detailed YouTube videos of the Ford assembly line and process, and the amazing # of trucks per minute / hour that come off the line. Thought it was enlightening and would definitely be interested in an in-person tour some day. I'd stop short at asking for photos for my truck's build along the way, you've seen one, you've seen them all I'd say :)