brucelinc

Continental replacement

I have been seriously considering a BMW M550i to replace my Continental.   They both have a 117 inch wheelbase and the BMW is just a bit shorter overall.  The M550i has a 523 HP twin turbo V8 so it is quite a bit more potent than the Conti.

I test drove one but it was not equipped as I would want.  I was surprised and impressed with the ride comfort and quietness.   It was a bit better than the Conti in those areas.   The powerteam is also very impressive...refined, ultra smooth and quite potent.

The seats are not quite as supportive or comfortable as those in the Lincoln and the rear seat is not as roomy.   Material quality and fit/finish was very good....at least equal to the Lincoln and maybe a bit better in some areas.   The instrument cluster is no more configurable than the Lincoln and that was a bit disappointing.  It is OK but not exceptional....not nearly as good as a Mustang, for example.   The 12 inch center screen is nice, though.   

If I could order one with the features I want and that are normally available, I would be very tempted.   Unfortunately, with the chip shortage, some key items are not available.   That is a deal breaker for now.

Edited by brucelinc