Upgrades for halogen headlights

Kory04

I didn't want to hijack the other thread debating halogen vs LED lights.  Based on that thread, the overwhelming majority say LED is worth the money....but, for those of us with XL or XLT trims, its not an option, and for those of us reluctant to spend significant money on aftermarket LED light assemblies,  I am wondering if anybody has tried upgraded halogen bulbs, or LED bulbs that fit into the halogen headlight?  I realize any of these options won't match the factory LED, but have you tried them, and did they make some amount improvement?

Edit... I just looked on Morimoto website, and see they have a hybrid headlight assembly for $1440.  I think they look better than the more expensive ones. They must have just released them, says they are available for preorder, with a short lead time.  These may be a viable option if they are truly a decent product

Edited by Kory04

People seem to like the F150LEDS.com LED replacement bulbs for Super Duty.  I prefer the look of the halogen housings aesthetically, so I may go that route if I need more light.  My first step will be a lightbar of some sort though, as I do a lot of towing down tight backroads and would prefer the larger area of light that a bar provides.