Order Modification Price Protection ?

marinerjoe

I placed my order for an F-350 Platinum 6.7 CC SB SRW with Active Steering and the 5th Wheel Prep (among other options but no spray in bedliner) and received my confirmation from Ford on 18 October.  Yesterday my salesman modified my order by removing the AS and 5th Wheel and sent me a revised Preview Order to DocuSign, which I did.  The document has the same  Sales Code (F27054) and Order Code (M20M), but a different Price Level (245, was 240) and a higher price.  It’s also still Priority 10 (but I have requested that they have the Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler to intervene to lower it further).  Additionally, the X-plan pricing that was on my original document wasn’t listed on this one.

From what I have learned here, I should have received a price protection against the increase that went into effect yesterday.

What do those in the know recommend I do?  Should I wait until I eventually get the truck built and delivered to the dealer and raise the price issue, or should I get it corrected now?  Is there a reference I can quote to my salesman and/or his manager if needed in case I get any pushback?  

I recognize that they are currently in the driver’s seat (pun intended) and don’t want to alienate them.  I welcome all feedback.

Thanks!

Edited by marinerjoe

1 hour ago, marinerjoe said:

I placed my order for an F-350 Platinum 6.7 CC SB SRW with Active Steering and the 5th Wheel Prep (among other options but no spray in bedliner) and received my confirmation from Ford on 18 October.  Yesterday my salesman modified my order by removing the AS and 5th Wheel and sent me a revised Preview Order to DocuSign, which I did.  The document has the same  Sales Code (F27054) and Order Code (M20M), but a different Price Level (245, was 240) and a higher price.  It’s also still Priority 10 (but I have requested that they have the Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler to intervene to lower it further).  Additionally, the X-plan pricing that was on my original document wasn’t listed on this one.

From what I have learned here, I should have received a price protection against the increase that went into effect yesterday.

What do those in the know recommend I do?  Should I wait until I eventually get the truck built and delivered to the dealer and raise the price issue, or should I get it corrected now?  Is there a reference I can quote to my salesman and/or his manager if needed in case I get any pushback?  

I recognize that they are currently in the driver’s seat (pun intended) and don’t want to alienate them.  I welcome all feedback.

Thanks!

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will only display prices for the current" Price Level" in effect when the vehicle specification and prices are displayed in the "Preview" function. WBDO will display X Plan prices, but the Dealer has to select the Plan Pricing option in the preview display. Your order is automatically price protected to the original order date. The Dealer Invoice will be generated at the Price Level in effect at the time the invoice is created. The Dealer then files a claim for the price protection adjustment.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will only display prices for the current" Price Level" in effect when the vehicle specification and prices are displayed in the "Preview" function. WBDO will display X Plan prices, but the Dealer has to select the Plan Pricing option in the preview display. Your order is automatically price protected to the original order date. The Dealer Invoice will be generated at the Price Level in effect at the time the invoice is created. The Dealer then files a claim for the price protection adjustment.  

Thanks AGAIN ice for responding.  I was less concerned about the X-plan than the overall price change.  I’m so glad I didn’t query my salesman for a non-problem.  Now let’s see when the truck gets scheduled. Fingers, eyes, arms, and legs are all crossed ?? 

• Like 1