Is there a Delivery Checklist?

TinManVT

I have ordered and it is in the shipping process from Kentucky to the dealer.

I am a long way from the dealer and will fly in do the paperwork and head back home for about 1,200 miles.

So when I get there and get a chance to check out the truck - 2022 F250 Limited Diesel, I would like to check it out to make sure that all the stuff that I got actually works.

I am looking for a checklist of what to verify and how to test it to make sure it is working. These kind of checklists are out there for RV's and camping trailers but I have not been able to find one for this vehicle. 

I would expect that Ford or the dealer would have a process to validate or QA these things and the hope it that they are comprehensive and thorough in doing them. 

Apologies if my search did not find one that is out there - so please point me in the right direction if there is.

• Like 1

I just posted about a bumper defect we found on our trucks. I havent gotten them to the dealer yet to figure out what they are going to do but they said since its a factory issue any dealer could do the repair which is good for me because the dealer I bought from was far away (not nearly as far as you lol 45 mins)

Depending on the trim level and options you get, testing every function could be half a day exercise.  Dealer staff might run out of patience and let you at it all alone.  If you have the desire and time to do it, a check list shouldn't be necessary.  Juts hit all the buttons and menus.  Or look on the other forums, there is a check list several pages long.

When my truck finally arrives, I plan on going over it with a fine tooth comb. I'll be looking for any dings or scratches on the inside & out, along with checking everything I can think of functionally. And I will be taking it out for an extended test drive. If my dealer has a problem with that, too bad. It's not like we are buying a $25000 car. Many of these SD's cost more than our first house. Only when I'm fully satisfied will we sit down with the finance manager to start the paperwork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

When my truck finally arrives, I plan on going over it with a fine tooth comb. ... Only when I'm fully satisfied will we sit down with the finance manager to start the paperwork.

Dealer might prefer you refuse delivery.  They can then turn around and sell it for $10,000 - $15,000 more that you are paying for it.  Be careful.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

On 12/27/2021 at 4:17 AM, doyall said:

Dealer might prefer you refuse delivery.  They can then turn around and sell it for $10,000 - $15,000 more that you are paying for it.  Be careful.

They might. It's not that I would absolutely would refuse delivery, but he and I would have a checklist of things that needed to be corrected under warranty either before it's driven off the lot, or when I brought the truck back in. There is nothing wrong with a Pre-delivery inspection. RV'ers do them all the time on our $80,000 5th wheels we purchase, why should a Ford dealer expect we are just going to drive it off the lot without some kind of scrutiny. It's not like they have to be with us while the wife and I are doing the inspection. 

• Like 2