Retractable tonneau cover leak

Edunn37

Has anyone had trouble with water leaking in at the tailgate with the oem retractable cover?  It appears the cover is installed too far forward as the seal barely rests on inside of tailgate.  Seems to be fine with rain, but with a car wash…forget about it.  Looking like I’ll be heading to dealer for a correction.

• 2 weeks later...

No retractable cover is going to create a tight seal to avoid water in the bed especially in a car wash. Like other said, try to adjust it but don’t expect it to be 100% sealed. I have a bakflip G2 folding cover in my current truck and that thing leaks like crazy.

1 hour ago, OsideF250 said:

No retractable cover is going to create a tight seal to avoid water in the bed especially in a car wash. Like other said, try to adjust it but don’t expect it to be 100% sealed. I have a bakflip G2 folding cover in my current truck and that thing leaks like crazy.

Exactly. I have had the Ford factory rolling cover and an aftermarket cover. None of them have sealed well, mostly at the tailgate. It’s not terrible, but I had higher hopes for them when I started putting them on my trucks. 

5 hours ago, EA1205 said:

Exactly. I have had the Ford factory rolling cover and an aftermarket cover. None of them have sealed well, mostly at the tailgate. It’s not terrible, but I had higher hopes for them when I started putting them on my trucks. 

Yeah mine leaks on the tailgate only when washing it. Driving does seem to leak as much

I chose the retractable on my ordered 22 F250 CCSB scheduled 2/1/22.  What's the manufacture and model of the retractable on the 22? I still have the old roll & lock on my 05 F250 CCSB and use it every day.  It still retracts and protects well but the latch wore out years ago so i just pin it today.