Topper height: clearing garage door opening

Mefly2

Should I be concerned about putting a topper on a 22 F350 ccsb 4wd ... if there is now only about 1 inch clearance between the cab and the garage door frame?

How much higher will a cab high topper sit at the rear of the truck? If you already have a cab high mounted, what is the distance from the top of your topper to the ground ?

I can see that the rear of the new 350s on the road generally slope down on the front...

On 2/25/2022 at 5:08 PM, Mefly2 said:

Thank you GCD; I am right at that limit.  We have been told that the Leer and Century are the same. May I ask which model you chose and why?

Got this one with removable roof racks for my kayaks. I like the one piece side windows. They vent from the bottom rear. Nice if raining. Also got the sliding, removable front window for ability to clean. So far I'm very pleased with it.

https://www.leer.com/truck-caps/cab-high/100xq-truck-cap

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, GCD said:

Mine with 18" all season tires is 78 1/4" to the top of my Leer cab high cap on my stone driveway. The truck cab measures the same. I have the removable racks on my cap. The mounts sit a half inch higher with racks off.

I appreciate this! I was looking for this exact information and am happy to see my truck will fit with the shell. 

• 5 weeks later...