Bedliner: Drop-in v Spray

Thanks. That is my hope as well. I am not in a rush so I am okay with the wait as long as it gets built at some point before they stop making MY22s. 

Glad to hear the toughbed is decent quality. 

1 hour ago, Chrisgb said:

I have the Toughbed factory spray in bedliner in my Ranger. It has more grip than a drop in liner, and won't blow out of the bed at a carwash. Very durable , I can slide in aluminum ramps for my motorcycle without scratching or marring it. Quality is excellent, but I had some minor overspray on the exterior. The dealer was able to buff it out with no damage to the clearcoat.

Hope your truck isn't held up indefinitely for your bedliner,  they are installed off site.  Mine took an extra day or two, but that was a year ago before all the critical shortages.

• Like 1

Lots of spray in fans here, myself included.

With that said, I've had drop ins and just don't like they why they feel when walking around in the bed.

I had a Tundra for many years with a no name spray in. It was too thick, caused the tailgate to not shut too hard and I had to replace the bushing in the tailgate twice.

I've had two with Line X, and like other recommend it. Don't be fooled though it can be damaged. My last truck was a 2019 F250 and it had a couple of dents and scuffs that went through the liner. I did not bother getting it fixed before I sold it. I then put a bed mat in the floor and I really liked how it felt over the line X

With that all said I have a 2022 F250 on order with the Ford spray in, since I'm putting a topper on it, I'm going to try a bed rug over the spray in. If I wasn't doing a topper, I would throw the bed mat in over the spray in as well.

I think a lot has to do with your application. Knowing what I know now, I would have something in the box to protect it. That something would not be a drop in. :)

Like others, I have had the drop-in, a spray-on and just a bed mat.  Hate the drop-in, love the spray-on, and have to admit the bed mat in my current F150 has performed really well.  So I too am going to start with just the mat when my new truck arrives and then consider the Line-X later

• Like 1