Retail Scheduling Priority

Wundretti

I've read as much as I can in this forum and I'm still looking for a little more clarity on scheduling priority for retail orders.  Assuming two retail orders have the same model, trim level, and options, does dealer allocation enter the equation at all or is scheduling strictly based on order date regardless of location?

Another way to ask: I ordered an Escape SE PHEV from my local dealership on 3/31/22 and received an order confirmation email from Ford.  I am waiting for production to be scheduled.  If someone ordered the exact model, trim level, and options one day later on 4/1/22, but from a higher sales volume dealership than the dealership I bought from, who has priority?

Edited by Wundretti
Clarify an item

54 minutes ago, Wundretti said:

I've read as much as I can in this forum and I'm still looking for a little more clarity on scheduling priority for retail orders.  Assuming two retail orders have the same model, trim level, and options, does dealer allocation enter the equation at all or is scheduling strictly based on order date regardless of location?

Another way to ask: I ordered an Escape SE PHEV from my local dealership on 3/31/22 and received an order confirmation email from Ford.  I am waiting for production to be scheduled.  If someone ordered the exact model, trim level, and options one day later on 4/1/22, but from a higher sales volume dealership than the dealership I bought from, who has priority?

Regular order scheduling requires allocation for the week that scheduling is conducted. The order Priority Code, Original Order Date and other factors (Commodity Restraints, Plant Constraints, Supplier Issues, etc.) can affect whether the order can be scheduled at a particular time. COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) verified retail orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling which can be done at anytime. Otherwise, regular scheduling is done on Thursdays. Each dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is completely independent from that of any other dealership.