The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

Lima

On board air compressor

Any suggestions for a on board air compressor? 2022 F 350

I’m interested to read the replies for your question. I’ve decided to use the ARB Dual Compressor on my truck and want to know what others think.

Yeah me to ! I’m looking on internet and also looking at you tube. But would really like from the guys and gals concerning this thread!

I looked into the ARB set up when I was shopping around. A buddy of mine had a new Vixen compressor and 3 gallon tank laying around so I went that route instead. So far so good, other than it being a little slow on the refill but that's to be expected with it just being a single. I'm currently running my horns and a fitting in the bed. I'll see how it does for a while and see if a need arises to upgrade to a dual compressor. 

20220821_145326.jpg

20220821_145333.jpg

Snapchat-2128252886.jpg

• Like 1

I like that setup! Thanks 

What was the source for your hoses, connectors, valves, etc?  Really nice and clean installation

There is a poster on here that has a pretty slick setup....hidden compressor and the air hose coupler and gauge are mounted in the fuel door.  Hopefully he will chime in and post a pic...it's a neat setup also.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, Lima said:

Any suggestions for a on board air compressor? 2022 F 350

I built my own power box with air compressor inverter air hose electric cord battery

20220323_131851.jpg

20220321_150304.jpg

20220323_131908.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 9:08 AM, UT_Grandpa said:

What was the source for your hoses, connectors, valves, etc?  Really nice and clean installation

About half of the air line and the fittings for the horns came with the horns themselves. A guy with a shop local to me rounded up most of everything else for the install.

That is innovation at its best!!! Job well done!!!

On 9/14/2022 at 8:01 AM, Gharri30 said:

I looked into the ARB set up when I was shopping around. A buddy of mine had a new Vixen compressor and 3 gallon tank laying around so I went that route instead. So far so good, other than it being a little slow on the refill but that's to be expected with it just being a single. I'm currently running my horns and a fitting in the bed. I'll see how it does for a while and see if a need arises to upgrade to a dual compressor. 

20220821_145326.jpg

20220821_145333.jpg

Snapchat-2128252886.jpg

That's a clean install! 

5 minutes ago, turbotom1052 said:

Do yourself a favor and place a rubber grommet where that air hose passes through the bed!!!