phone reception issue

dsmvalley

Hey guys new to this forum. I have a 2022 f350 lariat with sync 4. People that I call are telling me they are having a hard time hearing me and it sounds like I am in a tunnel basically. this is the same whether using carplay or just bluetooth. It does seem to be affected if I am moving rather than parked. Are any of you experiencing the same thing? Not sure where the microphone is located in my truck or I would be looking at that first. 

Any thoughts on adding an aftermarket mic and getting it connected?

I appreciate any feedback on this as my 2012 F250 was clear as a bell. This is with an iphone 11 by the way

Edited by dsmvalley

2 hours ago, dsmvalley said:

Hey guys new to this forum. I have a 2022 f350 lariat with sync 4. People that I call are telling me they are having a hard time hearing me and it sounds like I am in a tunnel basically. this is the same whether using carplay or just bluetooth. It does seem to be affected if I am moving rather than parked. Are any of you experiencing the same thing? Not sure where the microphone is located in my truck or I would be looking at that first. 

Any thoughts on adding an aftermarket mic and getting it connected?

I appreciate any feedback on this as my 2012 F250 was clear as a bell. This is with an iphone 11 by the way

Depending on where it is I know some are above where the visor is and some are down around the steering column.. could be your fan blowing and distorting the call I’ve always turned mine down to make calls or receive them..you could try that.. it could also be your service depending on where you are.. hope this some what helps