Upfitter switch question

Upfitter switches. I have them in my F350 2022 SD that has the diesel. Wanted to use a switch to supply power to a rearview mirror type of monitor for my trailer camera. Supplied wires/adapter was too short to reach the cigarette receptacle in center console.
Anyway I got into the wiring at the relay/fuse box in the engine compartment finding the blanked off wires for aux switch wiring. I also found the 4 pass though wires. Butt spliced the brown wire which is supposed to be for switch 4. Butt spliced the power supply for the camera what would step down 12v to the camera voltage to the pass through wire in the cab. Same color coding as the wire I used in the engine compartment. Thinking this is easy but Ford could have left a bit more length on the wires.
System works, camera monitor comes on when I start the truck. What's weird is the switch does nothing. IE I can't turn the camera monitor off with the aux switch. It always has power when the engine is on regardless of switch position. Any ideas what's going on here or what did I do wrong???

• 4 weeks later...

yes, you need to go back as the others have said, you taped into a feed wire or a constant feed from the relay or fuse block. take a 12V test light or meter & have someone turn on & off the switch you would like to use. Ford could marl & make the wires a bit longer, that would help out a lot. Good luck Please let us know what you did or find out!