Ford Insure Experience

Ford Insure Experience

https://www.ford.com/ford-insure/

Ford Insure_Insurance That Rewards Today's Drivers.jpg

I drove Ford company vehicles for 35 years but when I officially left the dealership 3 years ago, I did a low mileage, 24-month lease on a 2020 EcoSport SE 4WD thanks to the substantial Ford rebate incentives ($4,500) and as a dealership employee with Ford D Plan pricing. Since I hadn't had insurance in my own name for years, I was required to get insurance through the "pool" at higher rates and promises that the rates would drop upon renewal. After the initial 6-month policy, I changed to coverage though The Hartford at reduced rates. 

Over the past 2.5 years, the renewal rates through The Hartford have gone up $50 for each 6-month term or $100 on an annual basis. 

At the end of the initial 24-month Ford Red Carpet Lease, I bought the vehicle because the LEV (Lease End Value) made it so attractive. 

The insurance policy is up for renewal at the end of the month, but the new rate was an increase of another $100 on an annual basis. My insurance agent, that I've known for over 35 years, was getting quotes for as much as $1,900 or more on an annual basis or an increase of an additional $400 per year. I contacted at least 6 insurance companies and got rates from every one at substantially more than I've been paying. 

As a last resort, I contacted Ford Insure which offers vehicle insurance through Nationwide Insurance with rates customized based on miles driven, etc. Over the past 3 years I've driven an average of less than 1,000 per year (Not a typo) and have had no accidents or moving violations in more than 40 years. Nationwide told me that they could not give me a quote or tell me why.

When I talked to my insurance agent, he told me that he had no idea what's going on with Connecticut insurance rates lately.      

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Sad 1