Federal BEV Tax Credits Discussion

ice-capades

Federal BEV Tax Credits Discussion

There have been a lot of references to the Federal BEV Tax Credits and more recently related to the impact of reduced or elimination of the tax credits on vehicles after January 1st. The tax credits are now basically related to supply chain issues for BEV battery and component issues and forcing domestic OEM's to rapidly change the required component sources in order to qualify for the revised tax credit requirements. I'm excluding here the subject of applicable state incentives which are a different subject. 

I have not had time to research the details of the federal tax credit requirements and/or the qualifications and application for taxpayers. However, it would be interesting to know how many customers are actually able to take advantage of the full tax credit on the vehicles that they've acquired. I'd expect that those customers and taxpayers are those in high income brackets that least need the tax credits. At the same time, the majority of customers for BEV vehicles are smarter to lease rather than purchase with the tax credits best utilized by Ford Credit and reducing the lease payments.