How to seal a wrecked door on F250?

Hello all, I need some advice. Yesterday I got T-boned in a parking lot. My 4 door F250 got it in the right side back door. The door isn't sealed good at the top and back due to being dented. It's going to be a while before I can get it fixed (ordering parts). Until then I need to seal the gaps. It's only 1/2 to 1 inch wide. I have seen mixed reviews on using Duct Tape. What have you used to fix a problem like this?  Thanks in advance

I have used it on painted Surfaces before and it has not pulled paint off but maybe do the trick of lightly tapping it on your sweatshirt before you put it on which will Add just a little bit of fiber hair of cotton to it, which will use the stickiness.

And then if it's not sticking enough, use a little less tapping on the sweater and reapply.

The pool noodle comment gave me a good idea...

The foam / rubber pipe insulation You get from the hardware store to insulate pipes under your house....

Smaller than a pool noodle but the rubber already has a adhesive that is gummy and will not peel paint off and it could see a large crack.

The foam stuff is garbage, but the soft rubber stuff may be the ticket.