Ford Edge Test Drive

Blue Oval Staff

This article didn't mention 15mpg. That was done by another review. I want to say Car and Driver, or else the recent Motor Trend review. This article stated 25mpg on the highway "should" be possible. But they didn't actually test it.

Officially I think it was 18/24 with a low 20's combined overall driving.

I am a little surprised that nobody has been critical of the 15mpg return on the edge considering this is suppose to be a much better alternative than a BOF SUV.

The mpg you quoted was from Car and Driver, the quote from the article said it included the "thrashing" they gave the Edge in their instrumented testing. In other words, not representative of normal driving.

the EPA results for the Edge gave the Edge best in class MPG results. Edge also has best in class acceleration and the lowest emissions in its class.

• 2 weeks later...
The mpg you quoted was from Car and Driver, the quote from the article said it included the "thrashing" they gave the Edge in their instrumented testing. In other words, not representative of normal driving.

the EPA results for the Edge gave the Edge best in class MPG results. Edge also has best in class acceleration and the lowest emissions in its class.

I just read another review, from Edmunds this time that, that got 14.7mpg out of the edge during testing. No thrashing mentioned and it was over a few thousand miles.

I just read another review, from Edmunds this time that, that got 14.7mpg out of the edge during testing. No thrashing mentioned and it was over a few thousand miles.

I'd be curious how many miles were on the tester car. From what I've been reading of the 3L Fusions with this tranny, they don't start getting advertised MPG until about 8-10k miles.

Instead of all complaining what the auto rags got for mileage, lets wait till actual customers get their cars, and see what they attain. Anything is possible for MPG. I can regularly get 27 to 28 mpg with my Mustang GT on the highway, and around 18 to 19 around town. And that includes a few sprints to open her up. I say just wait till the "real world' gets their cars.