38,000 showing no faith

marty95

Read msn article "Heed the lesson of Ford workers" . Writers opinion...38000 buyout takers show those closest to Ford have no faith, so why should Wall street or any one else for that matter.mmmmmmmmmm

Does he have a point. Are 38,000 Ford workers telling the world something that can't be seen on the outside.

I wish I knew how to ad attachment, but have been having problems. MSN's web sight in business. :sos::sos::sos::stirpot::stirpot: :stats:

Do you have faith? I lost mine when they offered all of us a buyout and knowing that they are working on COA's right now without a word about it during the signup period. I think in the next few weeks they are going to drop a bomb on us and let us in on SOME of the future, the ones that didn't signup may wonder if it is worth staying for after the fact.

Read msn article "Heed the lesson of Ford workers" . Writers opinion...38000 buyout takers show those closest to Ford have no faith, so why should Wall street or any one else for that matter.mmmmmmmmmm

Does he have a point. Are 38,000 Ford workers telling the world something that can't be seen on the outside.

I wish I knew how to ad attachment, but have been having problems. MSN's web sight in business. :sos::sos::sos::stirpot::stirpot: :stats:

The packages were not all that juicy for some of us ......contrary to what some of the newscasters keep saying. And Yes we all know the ugly truth don't we? It is one of those "Damned if you do and Damned if you don't" deals

I think what this writer is forgeting is that the interest of Wall street and that of the union work force are not always the same. The reason many workers are leaving are positives for The street. Such as the COA's, lower benifit expectations coming in the '07 contract, not to mention the fear of further job cuts. Not to mention a less powerful U.A.W.....................Now that I think about it this writer is a moron. :finger::hysterical::finger::hysterical:

I think what this writer is forgeting is that the interest of Wall street and that of the union work force are not always the same. The reason many workers are leaving are positives for The street. Such as the COA's, lower benifit expectations coming in the '07 contract, not to mention the fear of further job cuts. Not to mention a less powerful U.A.W.....................Now that I think about it this writer is a moron. :finger::hysterical::finger::hysterical:

I agree, this writer doesn't seem to 'get it'. Workers aren't leaving because they don't think FMC has a future - they are leaving because Ford DOES have a future - but it doesn't include the employees (at least not the hard-working ones). We realize that our benefits are going to be slashed, temps will be brought in - our hard work will no longer be rewarded - so we move on to (hopefully) greener pastures where all our diligence and hard work will be welcomed. Ford will have a future, but they will also have to pay the price for it, just as we did.

I'm just curious as to what you think the alternative is. The plant is closing. Workers can either take the buyout or uproot their families, ask their spouses to quit their jobs, move away from family and friends. For what? Because you want to believe it's the right thing to do? Please - these people live in the real world!!

Also, as far as Wall Street - any reduction in workforce is a tremendous positive for investors. That's basic Economics 101. Reducing the workforce reduces expenses. This is one of the ways companies can increase profitability. BTW - the other way to increase profitability is to innovate your product offering (something else Ford should be focusing on!) :banghead:

I personally am not leaving the company because I think it has no future, I am leaving the company so I can have more control over my own future See ford is henry ford's dream, not mine. I have my own dreams too, and just like ford left his family a legacy that they can hand down through generations, I'd like to do the same for my family. Many people are ok with living out somebody else's dream and making them rich, so long as they get a decent paycheck that's enough for them. Doesn't matter if they hate their job, and that it's affecting their health and may be tearing up different parts of their body in the process. I wanted to leave ford years ago even before all the problems came to light about it's money problems, was just waiting on the right time and right opportunity to leave.

Not everybody wants to spend 30 years (or more) waking up at 4am or going in at around 4pm to work in a dimly lit, dirty, loud, factory with no windows and no sunlight. Where you have to run down the line trying to keep up with moving parts, damaging and abusing your body parts as you repetitously slam against and bang on car parts over and over again giving you carpal tunnel, gangalion cysts, tendenitis, pinched nerves, torn ligaments, knee and foot damage from years of working on their hard cement floors, breathing and lung problems from inhaling all the chemicals dirt and oil in the air, etc.

I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to get outta there while I still have pretty ok health, though I too have acquired health problems from working there. I look forward to waking up at a more reasonable time and not feeling so sleep deprived, seeing the sunshine more, inhaling air that doesn't put black sut in my lungs. I'm looking forward to going to school and increasing my knowledge instead of feeling like a robot where I haven't been able to use my skills. It will feel good to no longer have to overextend my limbs and not having to spend so much time and money going back and forth to the chiropractor. To be able to spend more time with my daughter and not be so exhausted and rushed that I'm irritable. To be able to focus on my own dreams to succeed as a business owner, not just an employee. I realize no matter how hard I try I won't get rich working for ford, and no matter how hard I work at ford it's rare that it will be acknowledged or result in any type of promotion, especially as a hourly line worker. Where I am at with ford at this point is the farthest that I will get. Ford is also getting stricter and doing more criticizing than praising of it's hourly workers. Which doesn't do much for morale. No way do I want to any longer work in such an enviornment, which is getting more and more hostile by the day. Lots of employees are walking around ford right now ready to explode and take their anger out on just about anyone.

Many people have bigger hopes and dreams for themselves, and I am one of those people. I appreciate the fact that I have been able to live a decent life financially because of working at ford, and have managed to use the money I have made there as wisely as possible, even put quite a bit of it up for a rainy day. This is that rainy day, time to move on. From what I have seen many more people would have liked to have signed up for a buyout, but they didn't save for a rainy day so they aren't in a position financially to leave and pursue their dreams even if they wanted to.

Edited by ford14