Career Choices....

SalinePlastic

38,000 Career Choices?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. For those that did not retire.....what career choice did you make?

• Start up your own business
    • College or Trade School
    • public Service (Police/Fire/EMS)
    • Nursing
    • Another Factory Job
    • not sure?

Wish everyone the best of luck....

wondering what kind of opportunities are out there for all of you?

I have made my decision.....Fire/EMS :hyper:

Was notified today my exit date will be 1/1/07.....

a friend of mine @ Woodhaven is leaving and moving to Georgia to pursue a career in Law Enforcement....

Edited by SalinePlastic

I'm pretty set on going into the medical field. I'm not one for blood and guts, so my options are limited. I have been researching X-ray Tech. and Ultrasound tech. positions and they seem to be around the same pay scale ( $25-30hr. ) with benefits from day one. In addition, most hospitals will pay for you to further your education, and may even hire and train you "on the job". College is about 18 months for both and you're ready for employment.

Everyone knows that the medical field won't be going away anytime soon, and the benefits are a clean environment, descent work, descent pay and a prestigious position with the ability to relocate to an area of my choice. Not to mention the sweet, little nurses you get to mingle with. I can see the downfall of my new profession already, lol.

I'm 39 in an ACH and have put in for flowback to a couple HVC plants (seniority 4/90 ) : choices in order are Denver, Phoenix, Portland, and Lakeland but without much hope, and plan on starting classes with ETAP money in the mean time. Even IF I get a transfer, I'm going to finish my education and probably move on after that. Bye, bye Fords.

Good luck to everyone in these scary, trying times. Hope this helps someone....

The plan is/was nursing, but with no schooling under my belt for that I may just do something that requires less schooling because I also plan to start a family in the next year. I keep going back and forth. I'm going to sign up for classes and get a job..we'll see where it all leads me.

I'm a hydraulic repair at Utica ACH. I think in the near term, I will take some auto cad classes, then progress to a design degree. I have an associates, and becoming a designer (piping, schematics, aeronautical) will allow me to utilize my current experience. I won't have to completely retrain, just add to what I already know.

• 1 month later...