Ford housing assistance?

NAP wife

Does anyone know anything about this? I know there will be a meeting next week, but well I hate waiting. SO if anyone has any info please let me know what it is and what it offers.

Thanks!

Candee

In addition to the 45k your hubby will recieve over the next two years,y'll also qualify for a moving allowance ,i'm not exact on the total amount or conditions but do believe for someone that married they will recieve around three grand plus or minus the amount depends on mileage between plants

In addition to the 45k your hubby will recieve over the next two years,y'll also qualify for a moving allowance ,i'm not exact on the total amount or conditions but do believe for someone that married they will recieve around three grand plus or minus the amount depends on mileage between plants

50-99 miles from home plant $1270 if u r single $2820 if married

100-299miles $1414 single...$3107 married

300-499 miles $1534 single...$3259 married

500-999 miles$1869...$3849 married

1000 or more $2149...$4425 married

this is your moving allowence table...on top of the $45,000 over 2 years...

I've heard that your normal amount on the table above is not taxed, can anyone verify this...

Are you getting the 45K or the 23-27K? I thought transfer of operations got the lower amount.

Moving allowance is $2400 single and $4100 if married. Save receipts to show you moved (truck rental agreement, etc...)

Good luck. I did it and all has worked out well so far. (SLAP to KCAP.)

Does anyone know anything about this? I know there will be a meeting next week, but well I hate waiting. SO if anyone has any info please let me know what it is and what it offers.

Thanks!

Candee

Hi Candee I see that you found the information that you were looking for, but if you are moving to michigan or you know anyone that is coming this way, please past this on. I am a realtor in michigan and a ford worker so if anybody need any real estate information please contact me and I will be more than happy to help----ralph---ryoung0751@yahoo.com

Are you getting the 45K or the 23-27K? I thought transfer of operations got the lower amount.

Moving allowance is $2400 single and $4100 if married. Save receipts to show you moved (truck rental agreement, etc...)

Good luck. I did it and all has worked out well so far. (SLAP to KCAP.)

no these people are getting 45k over two years with transfer of operations

no these people are getting 45k over two years with transfer of operations

So all the housing assistance is a money thing? I already knew how much we were getting. I was wondering if they help find you a realitor. I think I remember reading somewhere that Ford might pay closing costs too? Or does this not apply now cause its a trasnfer of operations. All I know is we get the 45,000 over 2 years and an additional 4000 or so if your singel and 6000 or so if you married. I don't feel like going downstairs and get the actual numbers. What happens if we move up there at different times? Would the payout change at all, and no I'm not talking about the 45,000.

Thanks

Candee

So all the housing assistance is a money thing? I already knew how much we were getting. I was wondering if they help find you a realitor. I think I remember reading somewhere that Ford might pay closing costs too? Or does this not apply now cause its a trasnfer of operations. All I know is we get the 45,000 over 2 years and an additional 4000 or so if your singel and 6000 or so if you married. I don't feel like going downstairs and get the actual numbers. What happens if we move up there at different times? Would the payout change at all, and no I'm not talking about the 45,000.

Thanks

Candee

I never heard of them paying closing costs in a situation of an employee moving from one state to another. That is what the moving allowance is used for most of the time because you have options with that money.

They are already giving you money for the costs you are going to walk into during the sale of your home and the possible purchase of a new one. The only ones that are assisted with home placement is upper management and at best most lease out a home for a while to be able to look for something that they wish to have.

The way I look at things is we all need to ask questions about this but all of the information your looking for is right in the contract books. They do not help you sell, buy or rent out your house or a new house. The is up to you and just so you know I would suggest buying because most of the people that rent here are kinda rip offs. Here is what I am talking about...

You rent a house out with say 1000 sq. ft. and costs just for the home around 750 to 800 dollars a month. To buy a home costs around 50 to 100 dollars more but then you have the taxes and other things assoicated with it. Depends on the area too if you buying. Honestly anyone coming here from other plants seriously need to look at the money you could make on a home purchase later because as the market sags right now and is hard to get out of a home here, it will rebound in a few years to a level that will. In about a 2 year time frame I plan to have a vacation home built from the ground up up near the middle of the state. Already have the land that cost around 3 grand and getting the house built is going to be somewhere in the ballpark of 70 grand and as that may sound cheap it is. 1200 sqaure foot house with a full poured basement is contracted by a relatives husband. He build houses and then sells them after he has lived in them for a little. His take is somewhere around 30 thousand just so you know.

All I have to say is get to know people because this state is full of people that can do numerous tasks. If you have a task that helps them with something they would not mind helping you out.

I THINK somewhere in the contract you CAN find information about assistance with real estate costs BUT by taking the Special Transfter Moving Allowance of $45,000 you waive those other dollars.

This was asked about when I moved from Michigan to Norfolk, we didn't get anymore than $45,000 plus $3,849 for a married couple. And to answer someone elses question: No, at least in my case, the $3,849 was not taxed, whatsoever. The distance from Norfolk to DTP is way less than 1,000 miles, just so you know. They measure from the plant, not where YOU live. :-)

Edited by Fox Mulder

I THINK somewhere in the contract you CAN find information about assistance with real estate costs BUT by taking the Special Transfter Moving Allowance of $45,000 you waive those other dollars.

This was asked about when I moved from Michigan to Norfolk, we didn't get anymore than $45,000 plus $3,849 for a married couple. And to answer someone elses question: No, at least in my case, the $3,849 was not taxed, whatsoever. The distance from Norfolk to DTP is way less than 1,000 miles, just so you know. They measure from the plant, not where YOU live. :-)

There is a standerd moving allowence, which is the table i posted above...there is a enhanced moving allowence,23,500...6,500 is cash and you pull from the remaining 17,000 for expendatures((realtor fees, closing points, moving etc...)) you recieve the remaining up the 17,000 up to 7,000 after all expenses paid... and a special enhanced moving allowence paid over 2 years...

i THINK that you wave your right to the enhanced moving allowence by taking the special enhanced moving allowence but, you still receive the standerd moving allowence on the chart i posted earlier...

If anyone knows differnt please let us know...these are my just my interpertations of the contract...

Thanks

Candee

the 45k your hubby will get is because nap is closing,finding a home is up to y'll ford will not pay anything towards clsing cost and etc.the moving allowance is as stated to help in cost of moving and you'll only get one check for that and again the moving allowance is based on mileage between nap and dtp,not where you live and dtp,and at meeting on the 12th i'm sure they'll have other info for hubby.