Tax Cuts for who the top 1%

CSMJ

Every person should pay the same amount of tax, and the goal should be to completely eliminate tax. The private sector can do it all, including national defense. We don't need government. We just need to elect all of the private contractors. They state us a per capita price, and we vote for them, based on bang for the buck. They would be led by a corporate president, whom we would also elect. Candidates for the position would present thair credentials, and expected salary and benefits. Everyone will have a job. We will even have to import laborers. If they prosper, then they may even be allowed to become citizens. Until that time, all services, including education and health care would have to be paid for "cash up front". Employers would probably take care of that. If you are a citizen, you may be able to get credit.

Edited by Trimdingman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every person should pay the same amount of tax, and the goal should be to completely eliminate tax. The private sector can do it all, including national defense. We don't need government.

Nowadays people think we need big Government because that is how they were brought up. How did this country do it before? They can't relate or imagine it because they have never seen it. Learn history to see how it was and how it was intended to be.

"A popular government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy, or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." -- James Madison letter to W. T. Barry, August 4, 1822
For you one side or the other people.
The Founders of the Republic feared parties of the people as much as they did a royal government. "Whenever there is an interest and power to do wrong," wrote Madison to Jefferson in 1788, "wrong will generally be done, and not less readily by a powerful and interested party than by a powerful and interested prince."

They never taught you that in school. They just got you on one side or the other.

Edited by fmccap

Finally, while kcp is not a Ford Employee, you are. You enjoy the benefits of progressivism, and the distribution of taxation is just another extension of that philosophy. It has worked well for both of us. Sure, it is not perfect, but as individuals and as a country, we have all prospered under that culture.

But the culture has changed to an influx of different ways being injected. Our culture on how we do business is not wanted by those we need most; consumers. That is just the business side!

On the government side they insist on more, more, more. I am not understanding your FAIRNESS here. Government wants more, you agree............and will vote to take it as long as it is from someone else.

What if they said---------->just take it from autoworkers?

We have people who act like the rich, some act like you and I, some act like every profile in society.

Having money is now a stigma. Don't you think that is ridiculous?

How did we get there?

The reality is, if you say something enough, it grows legs and then gets a life of its own............doesn't matter if it is reality.

In that vein, all people who despise the rich should end their posts forever more with a six word question----------->"Are you paying your fair share!"

Actually I'm in Disney World exhausted from an 8 a.m to 10 p.m excursion into the realm of Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I browsed through some of your responses and still nobody has answered the question... why are YOU so concerned with giving the top 1% a tax cut?

Also whoever made the comment about self made milionaires, I would bet simply being a millionaire does not necessarily put you into the top 1%. I would also bet many of these self-made millionaires did it through working a lifetime and saving and proper investment. These people probably are just living off social security, pensions, and investments. Even an autoworker in a 30 year career can become a millionaire.

I'm sorry for the short reply, but if I had the lack of a life that some of you do I would certainly give more of an effort.

I also still think anyone who says the rich need a tax cut is a moron.

I do like the sales tax idea...

And almost forgot to respond about my heritage? What kind of fucking idiot are you? You're ancestores were pioneers? So now you are taking credit for the success of the country and showing what a bigot you are against people who's families haven't been around as long? I don't know why I bother with you. My families have been in America over a century and both of my granpdarents were in WWII and both parents were marines. Maybe your ancestores were pioneers but mine were fighting for this country dipshit.

Edited by chkchka

Actually I'm in Disney World exhausted from an 8 a.m to 10 p.m excursion into the realm of Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I browsed through some of your responses and still nobody has answered the question... why are YOU so concerned with giving the top 1% a tax cut?

Also whoever made the comment about self made milionaires, I would bet simply being a millionaire does not necessarily put you into the top 1%. I would also bet many of these self-made millionaires did it through working a lifetime and saving and proper investment. These people probably are just living off social security, pensions, and investments. Even an autoworker in a 30 year career can become a millionaire.

I'm sorry for the short reply, but if I had the lack of a life that some of you do I would certainly give more of an effort.

And almost forgot to respond about my heritage? What kind of fucking idiot are you? You're ancestores were pioneers? So now you are taking credit for the success of the country and showing what a bigot you are against people who's families haven't been around as long? I don't know why I bother with you. My families have been in America over a century and both of my granpdarents were in WWII and both parents were marines. Maybe your ancestores were pioneers but mine were fighting for this country dipshit.

My father was wounded three times fighting in the infantry in World War II. His first cousin was killed on the beaches in Normandy. His three brothers also served, and survived. One now has a steel plate in his head. I was just trying to figure out what makes someone like you tick. I figured that it must be because you are predjudiced against America because you are from somewhere else. The only explanation now is that you are a brainwashed idiot. Rich people are the reason that you and I have jobs. Government taxation kills jobs, and creates BUMS.

Your parents must have come of age in the late sixties. Chairman Mao used his influence to brainwash the post war baby boomer youth of China in the sixties to Communism. He figured, if it works here, why not try it in America? He sent people over here to negatively influence impressionable youth. That led to the Hippy Movement. Do drugs. Have sex with anyone. Be dirty. Throw away all moral values. Rebel against "The Establishment". Kids know more than "The Best Generation". There are many ways to fight a war. Mind control can be just as effective as atomic bombs. Your parents were probably among the many victims of Mao Tse Tung, and raised you accordingly. The Chinese are very smart. They are a very old civilization. They fight their battles over centuries, and they know all of the tricks. You have to be on your toes to keep ahead of them. You believe that the ne'er do wells deserve as much prosperity as the entrepreneurs. That idea is not rational. Someone planted it in your brain. I know that it is not your fault, but you are fucked up.

If your parents were not hippies, then maybe you became involved in the union at a very young age. That would be just as bad.

Edited by Trimdingman

Maybe your ancestores were pioneers but mine were fighting for this country dipshit.

Why are you concerned with taxing them more?

Makes me wonder. Your ancestores were fighting against what you have become!

As far as the dinner table analogy on taxes, it is misleading. It suggests the poor are getting a free ride i.e., free dinners. Not true. The fact of the matter is, the poor have nothing to give. Their everyday concerns are survival, and there is nothing left over for taxes.

New York City Birth Rate Plunges

Of the city's births in 2005, 52% of them were paid for by Medicaid, the government health program for the poor. Of women giving birth in New York City, 44% were unmarried.

Tell me you enjoy paying for this. It's only a very small part of it to. When I have another child, can I come to your house and pick up some formula and diapers??????????????????????????

Before you tell me I can afford it myself, I forgot to tell you I quit my job so you can work for me. It's alot easier this way.

Before this spun to make it look good, Why are these people having babies in the first place????????? I buy something I can't afford, I'm in the hole and you tell me it's my bad decisions, you or the government don't pay for it for me. On the other hand it's OK for these people because they are poor. Go figure.

Edited by fmccap

Disney World that says it all! The land of make believe. Escaping your reality. A malcontent pissed off because some one was smarter than you and has more than you. If you truly wanted to get at the rich, then why don't you stay at home and quit giving them all your money in a land of illusions. I think the rich just got richer off of your famliy. You may not want to buy anything any more. That way you can starve the rich man to death. Have a very merry rich X-MAS.

Disney World that says it all! The land of make believe. Escaping your reality. A malcontent pissed off because some one was smarter than you and has more than you. If you truly wanted to get at the rich, then why don't you stay at home and quit giving them all your money in a land of illusions. I think the rich just got richer off of your famliy. You may not want to buy anything any more. That way you can starve the rich man to death. Have a very merry rich X-MAS.

Now Ed, cmon man, everyone deserves a vacation.......even a tax and spender.

Although, I must admit I am surprised he is not out saving a rain forest, he is spending money keeping the economy going. Kudos for enjoying a life that is to short to start with.

New York City Birth Rate Plunges

Tell me you enjoy paying for this. It's only a very small part of it to. When I have another child, can I come to your house and pick up some formula and diapers??????????????????????????

Before you tell me I can afford it myself, I forgot to tell you I quit my job so you can work for me. It's alot easier this way.

Before this spun to make it look good, Why are these people having babies in the first place????????? I buy something I can't afford, I'm in the hole and you tell me it's my bad decisions, you or the government don't pay for it for me. On the other hand it's OK for these people because they are poor. Go figure.

First, lighten up a little. It is Christmas, so how about we just appreciate what we have, not the small amount we pay in taxes - after deductions.

I am not an expert, but I do not think getting on Medicaid is that easy, and it does not cover everything. Certainly, it is not as easy as just quitting your job, for they look at real wealth also e.g. your assets. Do you really think the people that are on Medicaid like it? As far as birthrates, those on the lower end of the socioeconomic ladder tend to have higher rates. Not because they planned for pregnancies, but because they did not plan.

Perhaps it would be less costly and more prudent to have family planning clinics more readily available.

First, lighten up a little. It is Christmas, so how about we just appreciate what we have, not the small amount we pay in taxes - after deductions.

I am not an expert, but I do not think getting on Medicaid is that easy, and it does not cover everything. Certainly, it is not as easy as just quitting your job, for they look at real wealth also e.g. your assets. Do you really think the people that are on Medicaid like it? As far as birthrates, those on the lower end of the socioeconomic ladder tend to have higher rates. Not because they planned for pregnancies, but because they did not plan.

Perhaps it would be less costly and more prudent to have family planning clinics more readily available.

Methos,

While I tend to agree with you about the family planning clinics, I will tell you something I experienced that is 100%, absolutely true. (before I do, Merry X-Mas to you also my friend!)

My wife was a retail manager for a large chain of discount stores about 10yrs ago. After she was done training, she was put in a store about 40mls from our residence in a very poor area. All of the employees were from the area, but were go-getters who wanted to escape.

Unfortunately, their friends were not, and they used to come visit them at the store while shopping.......along with many of their acquaintances.

Ten% of them were pregnant at all times, excited about the raise they would soon get to HELP them do what they wanted in their apartment, in able them to buy a car, or whatever.

More than once in the 10 months my wife ran that particular store, the police were called in the neighborhood because the POSTMAN was accosted by women. Why? Because it was Mothers day in the neighborhood.........and that happens to be the first day of the month that the mail is delivered. On that day, the state checks are delivered, and those women were infuriated that the POSTMAN didn't have their FREE money. It musta been his fault ya know. Many were arrested, but of course I-bonded out for the most part.

One of the "deals" these women always tried to employ with their friends that worked there, was buy something cheap with foodstamps, then get back the remainder in cash. They also always tried to sell their foodstamps, but that was before the government got smart and put the kabosh on it through ID.

Understand, this was not a FEW people, this was MOST of the people who shopped there.......at least most of the ones under 35.

I was a little more liberal until that time, then I seen that and started paying more attention!!!!!!

When my wife and I had the X-Mas party for my friends from Ford and her employees from work, it cemented the deal for me!!!!!

Her employees words (all 9 of them and their spouses) finally made me see the lite. They wanted to escape from a poverty laden area, and couldn't believe I allowed my wife to work in a gang infested, drugged out area.

Drugged out area???? I thought these people were poor!!!! Why would excessive drugs be there? How can they afford them??? (selling them to the rich, lololol. Don't even try and go there!)

Where do you THINK they got the money.......or some of it?????? You know the answer, and that is exactly why while all poor people do not fit this mold, when you fight to help them by giving money instead of a job, you are actually KILLING THEM, and propogating the problem onto the next generation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Methos,

While I tend to agree with you about the family planning clinics, I will tell you something I experienced that is 100%, absolutely true. (before I do, Merry X-Mas to you also my friend!)

My wife was a retail manager for a large chain of discount stores about 10yrs ago. After she was done training, she was put in a store about 40mls from our residence in a very poor area. All of the employees were from the area, but were go-getters who wanted to escape.

Unfortunately, their friends were not, and they used to come visit them at the store while shopping.......along with many of their acquaintances.

Ten% of them were pregnant at all times, excited about the raise they would soon get to HELP them do what they wanted in their apartment, in able them to buy a car, or whatever.

More than once in the 10 months my wife ran that particular store, the police were called in the neighborhood because the POSTMAN was accosted by women. Why? Because it was Mothers day in the neighborhood.........and that happens to be the first day of the month that the mail is delivered. On that day, the state checks are delivered, and those women were infuriated that the POSTMAN didn't have their FREE money. It musta been his fault ya know. Many were arrested, but of course I-bonded out for the most part.

One of the "deals" these women always tried to employ with their friends that worked there, was buy something cheap with foodstamps, then get back the remainder in cash. They also always tried to sell their foodstamps, but that was before the government got smart and put the kabosh on it through ID.

Understand, this was not a FEW people, this was MOST of the people who shopped there.......at least most of the ones under 35.

I was a little more liberal until that time, then I seen that and started paying more attention!!!!!!

When my wife and I had the X-Mas party for my friends from Ford and her employees from work, it cemented the deal for me!!!!!

Her employees words (all 9 of them and their spouses) finally made me see the lite. They wanted to escape from a poverty laden area, and couldn't believe I allowed my wife to work in a gang infested, drugged out area.

Drugged out area???? I thought these people were poor!!!! Why would excessive drugs be there? How can they afford them??? (selling them to the rich, lololol. Don't even try and go there!)

Where do you THINK they got the money.......or some of it?????? You know the answer, and that is exactly why while all poor people do not fit this mold, when you fight to help them by giving money instead of a job, you are actually KILLING THEM, and propogating the problem onto the next generation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas as well. I agree with you. I may hold liberal views, but when it comes to money, I am as conservative as they come. I am all for helping the poor, but I am against prolonged welfare for healthy individuals, period. Everyone has a their ups and downs, so when a family has a run of bad luck, I am all for a helping hand - on a temporary basis.

These issues are not only complex, they are growing worse. I just wish we as a country could focus on our domestic problems as well as our international ones.

Time is a commodity for me - tough semester! So, this ends it for me on this thread.

My father was wounded three times fighting in the infantry in World War II. His first cousin was killed on the beaches in Normandy. His three brothers also served, and survived. One now has a steel plate in his head. I was just trying to figure out what makes someone like you tick. I figured that it must be because you are predjudiced against America because you are from somewhere else. The only explanation now is that you are a brainwashed idiot. Rich people are the reason that you and I have jobs. Government taxation kills jobs, and creates BUMS.

Your parents must have come of age in the late sixties. Chairman Mao used his influence to brainwash the post war baby boomer youth of China in the sixties to Communism. He figured, if it works here, why not try it in America? He sent people over here to negatively influence impressionable youth. That led to the Hippy Movement. Do drugs. Have sex with anyone. Be dirty. Throw away all moral values. Rebel against "The Establishment". Kids know more than "The Best Generation". There are many ways to fight a war. Mind control can be just as effective as atomic bombs. Your parents were probably among the many victims of Mao Tse Tung, and raised you accordingly. The Chinese are very smart. They are a very old civilization. They fight their battles over centuries, and they know all of the tricks. You have to be on your toes to keep ahead of them. You believe that the ne'er do wells deserve as much prosperity as the entrepreneurs. That idea is not rational. Someone planted it in your brain. I know that it is not your fault, but you are fucked up.

If your parents were not hippies, then maybe you became involved in the union at a very young age. That would be just as bad.

So when Clinton raised taxes the economy dries up????????/

GO READ SOME HISTORY BOOKS THE ECONOMY FROM 93-2000 CREATED MORE JOBS IN ANY 8 YEAR SPAN IN HUMAN HISTORY. SO NO GOVT. TAXATION DOES NOT KILL JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Merry Xmas bud.

not the small amount we pay in taxes - after deductions.

I take it you are talking about income tax. It goes way beyond that. Take a look at everything you do. It's all taxed.

Edited by fmccap

In Canada, lottery and casino winnings are tax free. The odds of winning X-million dollars in the national 6/49 Lottery are 13,983,816 to one (49x48x47x46x45x44 divided by 6 factorial). A ticket is 2 dollars. If the prize is 28 million dollars, it would appear to be a good investment (except the prize has to be shared if there are multiple winners, but partially off-set by the smaller prizes). I say that at 40 million, it would be a "buy". If the winnings were taxed at say, 30%, then the prize would have to be 52 million dollars to make it worthwhile to invest in a ticket. Taxing businesses discourages investment and hurts the economy. Who knows what that company which was not started because of fear of taxes would have become? Instead of taxing businesses, why not give them loans, and charge them interest? Government will get its tax money from the employees, and from the owner. The bigger the business grows, the more people it will employ. Banks are now reaping the dividends from giving business loans. Whoops...if the government ever got into that business, can you imagine the potential for corruption? No... forget that. Too late, they are already doing it. Ok; let the banks give the loans, and charge the interest, and the government can tax the banks' employees. Tax everyone equally, say $5,000 per year per person, regardless of age. You pay for your own kids. As people become more prosperous, they will borrow less. It will all even out.

Edited by Trimdingman

Now Ed, cmon man, everyone deserves a vacation.......even a tax and spender.

Although, I must admit I am surprised he is not out saving a rain forest, he is spending money keeping the economy going. Kudos for enjoying a life that is to short to start with.

You got to admit he set himself up for that one. Even Michael Richards could not let that one go. He's might be a nice guy, but like many mid-class people he has trouble seeing the forest for the trees. If he wants to get mad for something he needs to get mad at the dems. for this min. wage hike that their are going to force through. talk about taxing the poor. The only one the min.wage hike will help will be the gov. They will just collect more income tax from the people that get the raise and then more sales tax off the good we buy when the merchants have to raise the prices to off set the wages they have to pay out. This new wage may put the poor in a new tax bracket and cause them to pay more taxes. Would not that be a real kick in the ass. Any way may all who read this have a Merry Christmas and a safe new year.

Another thing that would be a start is to get real money, fiat money has always failed. I would say that the basic definition of inflation is how much money they print. Now being that there is nothing backing it, it's just a piece of paper, everytime they want to run deficits they print money making our money worth less. We should demand something to back it or turn off the presses to stabilize it's value.

Like you said methos, it's a very complex situation. Makes me wonder why it is. Could it be so that nobody pays attention?

Greenspan: Fed Has Inordinate Power

Mr. Greenspan’s startling response: The Fed does indeed have “inordinate power†over the American economy.

True capitalism requires a free market for money and interest rates, just as surely as it requires a free market for wages and prices.

“Centralized planning is as disastrous in monetary affairs as in economic affairs,†Paul stated. “Just as Russian bureaucrats could not determine prices, wages, or production levels in the absence of a free market, the Federal Reserve Board cannot determine the proper level for interest rates or the money supply. Our fiat currency and artificially low interest rates can only result in the deterioration of the U.S. dollar through inflation, which in the end causes interest rates to rise no matter what the Fed says or does.â€

Edited by fmccap

To me this all makes perfect sense. That is how I was brought up. A generation or so back, some people must have been badly screwed up. I remember when I was a kid, an older cousin came to the house all exited. He had gotten a job that paid $1.00 an hour. I had never heard of such a thing. How can you pay someone by the hour? What if he worked slow just to make more money. It didn't make any sense to me. If I had a job, say chopping a pile of wood, and stacking it, I would get maybe a dollar. At a dollar an hour, I could take all day to do it, and make $10.00. That was my first taste of socialism.

Edited by Trimdingman

Bush ponders $10 Billion New Deal to create jobs in Iraq

Bush is being urged to give up to $10 billion (£5.1 billion) to Iraq as part of a “New Deal†that would create work for unemployed Iraqis, following the model of President Franklin D Roosevelt during the 1930s depression.
Urged by who? Certainly is not me. Hopefully not you, considering:
Americans have already spent nearly $40 billion on economic aid for Iraq, much of which has been squandered.

And it is all of us who is paying for it.

Edited by fmccap

Methos,

So is that mean, you are converted conservative now?good for you, somebody, finally seeing the reality. The liberals still think otherwise.

People who have kids should pay more, not less. If the kids are entitled to social benefits, their parents should have to pay more taxes. That way, people would not have kids unless they could afford to. Under our current system, the lower class is encouraged to have as many kids as they can. Poeple in the lower classes are on average of lower intelligence, so their kids will be, on average, the same. Dumb people vote for the left. The left does not look at poverty as a curable condition. They look at it as a gold mine.

Edited by Trimdingman

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You finally topped yourself....

Chuckle, chuckle. Struck a nerve, Did I?

"Chairman Mao" was the poster boy of the Hippies. How many did he murder because they disagreed with him? Probably eight figures. American morality went from Father knows Best and Leave it to Beaver to The The Brady Bunch and All in The Family. Do you believe that big businesses, like Ford have too much power, and that the government should control more of the money? That is the slippery slope which leads to Communism, and the ambitious people to the Gulag. All modern advances in technology have come out of free countries. It is hard to change peoples' beliefs if they were born with them. Their parents were brainwashed, so the kids are just innocent victims. The kids are now adults, and need to re-educate themselves. Don't read what someone else wrote. Just think.

Edited by Trimdingman

Chuckle, chuckle. Struck a nerve, Did I?

"Chairman Mao" was the poster boy of the Hippies. How many did he murder because they disagreed with him? Probably eight figures. American morality went from Father knows Best and Leave it to Beaver to The The Brady Bunch and All in The Family. Do you believe that big businesses, like Ford have too much power, and that the government should control more of the money? That is the slippery slope which leads to Communism, and the ambitious people to the Gulag. All modern advances in technology have come out of free countries. It is hard to change peoples' beliefs if they were born with them. Their parents were brainwashed, so the kids are just innocent victims. The kids are now adults, and need to re-educate themselves. Don't read what someone else wrote. Just think.

I'd prefer to wait until you edit your post...then I'll think......I think