Stressin' out

gator-girl

Afternoon all :reading: I work at the MTP plant and am going to take the buy out. From what I have read in posts here i am understanding that it is up to ford as to when i get to leave. the thing that is stressin' me is that i have a job that i am to start on jan.16. the list came out for the jan.1 release and i am not on it. i have tried to talk to the uaw and supervision and keep getting told to talk to someone else. it is like everyone is giving me a very scripted anwser. i have 12 years with ford and thought i was doing the right thing lining up a job. thought that ford would make sure that people who had jobs to go to or start school would be released. guess i thought wrong :banghead: i didn't know and wasnt informed that we had the option to quit before thanksgiving break or i would have taken that. 25 other members did know about this option and are now working and training at their new job. is there anyone out there who can give me a straight anwser as to how i could get out and start my new job? good luck to all who are sticking it out with ford! make that money and keep building a quality product :happy feet:

Afternoon all :reading: I work at the MTP plant and am going to take the buy out. From what I have read in posts here i am understanding that it is up to ford as to when i get to leave. the thing that is stressin' me is that i have a job that i am to start on jan.16. the list came out for the jan.1 release and i am not on it. i have tried to talk to the uaw and supervision and keep getting told to talk to someone else. it is like everyone is giving me a very scripted anwser. i have 12 years with ford and thought i was doing the right thing lining up a job. thought that ford would make sure that people who had jobs to go to or start school would be released. guess i thought wrong :banghead: i didn't know and wasnt informed that we had the option to quit before thanksgiving break or i would have taken that. 25 other members did know about this option and are now working and training at their new job. is there anyone out there who can give me a straight anwser as to how i could get out and start my new job? good luck to all who are sticking it out with ford! make that money and keep building a quality product :happy feet:

There are 200 TFT coming in ther around January 8. If you dont believe me ask a day person on final bt medical about the TFTs that were in there getting drug tested today

Edited by Xmtper

hey gator -girl the only thing i can say is to go and see the labor relations people and explain to them your situation,idon't know about MTP but here at NAP they were qouted as saying they'd work with us if we had speciall circumstances.

I'm on the list for Jan. 1st (educational buyout). I wanted to stay until the shift loss on April 30, and then start the Spring semester in May. But I was told by my committeeman yesterday the company is shooting to get all buyout people out by February. Anyone else heard that?

Who will run the line. Do you think they will bring in that many TFTs. I dont think they will lose a shift. But if they plan on keeping the second shift time will tell based on the amout of transfers from wixom and other facilities. Why would someone trans fer to MTP which is losing a shift. Can't wait to seen this months sales announcement to see how may of these trucks have sold. After christmas and all the bugs are worked out these things will start selling again. The expedition is byfar the best looking suv.

I'm on the list for Jan. 1st (educational buyout). I wanted to stay until the shift loss on April 30, and then start the Spring semester in May. But I was told by my committeeman yesterday the company is shooting to get all buyout people out by February. Anyone else heard that?

i'll take your jan.1 leave day if you dont want it :shades: the only other thing i was told is that another group is going jan.22 study hard mafia and good luck!

looks like i am going to have a a release date of jan.23. its just to bad that i have to start my new job on jan.16. getting tired of fighting and getting no place. if you see a tent on the local 900 front lawn stop and say hello, just me tryin to get a little help. :sos: