Credit Card Designed Especially for UAW Members

ford14

The Union Plus credit card is a credit card designed especially for union workers. I have had this card for many years and am very happy with it's interest rates and benefits. They have very competitive interest rates, and no annual fee for their unsecured credit cards, my current interest rate with them is 7.9%. It gives union workers extra benefits that other credit cards do not. They also offer insurance, educational loans, personal loans, mortgages, etc. which also come with extra protection like skip payments, etc. for uaw workers on strike or layoff. They also have a layoff helpline. This is their website www.unionplus.org/benefits/unique

Credit Card benefits

For members on strike:

Strike skip-payment plan available to members of most unions during union-sanctioned strikes or lockouts of 30 consecutive days or more, as long as the account is in good standing. (Finance charges continue to accrue, but no penalty fees apply.) You can skip up to three consecutive months in a row, and a total of four months in a year.

To access the benefit: Call 1-800-622-2580 to discuss your situation with a customer care representative. You must make a payment after the third consecutive strike skip month and then you can access the fourth skip month. During each skip-payment month, you must notify the bank that the strike is going on and that you intend to exercise the strike skip-payment option.

For laid off workers:

Skip up to two monthly payments a year, as long as the account is in good standing. (Finance charges continue to accrue, but no penalty fees apply.)

To access the benefit: Call 1-800-622-2580 during each month you want to skip a payment. You must notify the bank you want to skip a payment, unless it is offered to you on your statement.

Credit Counseling:

For laid off workers or workers on strike:

You can get a FREE credit counseling session, budget analysis and advice to get back on the road to financial recovery. In addition, if after the initial session you need additional assistance to eliminate debt, your counselor will develop a customized Debt Management Plan (DMP) for you that allows you to consolidate all your debt into one monthly payment. You'll receive a 33% union-member discount on the set-up fee for a DMP.

To access the benefit: Call the Union Plus Credit Counseling program at 1-877-833-1745.

Health Savings

For laid off workers or workers on strike:

Receive a free membership in the Standard ($14.95) program - including discounts on retail and mail order prescriptions, vision care, hearing care and foot care.

To access the benefit: Call the Union Plus Health Savings program at 1-877-570-4845 and say you want to get a free membership as part of the "Union Plus disaster or strike benefit".

Edited by ford14

The Union Plus credit card is a credit card designed especially for union workers. I have had this card for many years and am very happy with it's interest rates and benefits. They have very competitive interest rates, and no annual fee for their unsecured credit cards, my current interest rate with them is 7.9%. It gives union workers extra benefits that other credit cards do not. .

This credit card is no different than any other credit card. It's only benefit is to the company issuing it, the UAW. It benefits the UAW not the members. I wanted a payoff amount and had to wait a month for that information which cost me money.

This credit card is no different than any other credit card. It's only benefit is to the company issuing it, the UAW. It benefits the UAW not the members. I wanted a payoff amount and had to wait a month for that information which cost me money.

I personally haven't had any problems with my card at all. And when I paid my credit card off I just paid it off, didn't have to request anything. So of course everyone's situation is different, don't know why you needed to pay for a payoff amount for a credit card, never heard of that. Sounds like something you'd do with maybe a mortgage, are you talking about the credit card or one of their other loans?

Edited by ford14

I was waiting for the punchline

guess you were kinds serious

how much you getting paid for each member who signs up?

can dues be charged?

can greivances be forwarded as a payment? that'd be sharp

Why wait on a punchline? The information, website, phone number etc. is right there for you to investigate on your own to draw your own conclusions. And how would I get a payment for somebody to sign up, I haven't given out any referral codes or anything else, just info. Don't know why you would be suspcious of my post, you shouldn't try and read anything more into the info than is there. I give out info all the time that hopefully is helpful to someone, I have a free e-newsletter that I send out once a month to 100+ people online, giving them ideas and tips on how to save money, set up a budget for their household, where to find the best interest rates, ways to make extra money etc. I just decided to post some of that info on this board because I am a ford uaw worker who is also taking the buyout, and thought that it was relevant and may be of interest.

Edited by ford14

Why wait on a punchline? The information, website, phone number etc. is right there for you to investigate on your own to draw your own conclusions. And how would I get a payment for somebody to sign up, I haven't given out any referral codes or anything else, just info. Don't know why you would be suspcious of my post, you shouldn't try and read anything more into the info than is there. I give out info all the time that hopefully is helpful to someone, I have a free e-newsletter that I send out once a month to 100+ people online, giving them ideas and tips on how to save money, set up a budget for their household, where to find the best interest rates, ways to make extra money etc. I just decided to post some of that info on this board because I am a ford uaw worker who is also taking the buyout, and thought that it was relevant and may be of interest.

The financial underwriter of this card is Household Finance. Union Plus is just a name. Household Finance is no different than any other lendor.

This credit card is no different than any other credit card.

I agree. I pay mine off EVERY month so 7.9 % or 15.9 % means nada. You can skip payments when on strike. It doesnt say you won't still owe those payments. Its probably added to your balance and you start paying on that now larger balance after 2 months.

The financial underwriter of this card is Household Finance. Union Plus is just a name. Household Finance is no different than any other lendor.

Union Plus is by Union Privilege which was established by the AFL-CIO (The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations) and is the only credit card they endorse for union members. This is their website http://www.aflcio.org/ Fifty-four National and International unions make up the AFL-CIO, UAW is just one of them. Regardless of who their financial underwriter is their terms and benefits are more geared towards union members than other credit cards that I have seen. Now I didn't say that this was a magic credit card, so if somebody has a habit of not paying their credit card payments on time, or consistently go over their limit, then they may not get favorable terms nor good interest rates no matter what credit card company they go with. It's logical that you need to be in good standing to enjoy any benefits that any credit company offers.

The Union plus credit card definitely offers more benefits for union workers than others, I have 3 major credit cards and union plus offers certain benefits and protection that my other ones don't, and it offers the best interest rate. Even if the only difference between this card and others was that someone could skip 3 payments if they were laid off or on strike I'm sure to someone in that situation that's the only difference they would need to prefer this card. I have been offered skipped payments but rarely do I use them. Not saying this credit card is perfect, none of them are, but switching to this credit card may be beneficial to someone who may be paying a much higher rate and anticipating a layoff.

Edited by ford14

first off my card is at zero percent interest, which I only use when making a purchase over 1000 dollars I have been doing this for years between two credit card companys when ever I pay off a balance the other one sends the same ol zero interest for 18 month offer .as far as using a UAW credit card in public. never happen for me. I'd carry The I am Fag visa card! before using a UAW visa card. I would not want to be associated with a bunch of cry baby, blood sucking, cry yourself right out of a job, organization . I still have dignity. after what the UAW has done to american manufactors is just dispicable.and they would want me to go around advertising for them . what ever :sos:

first off my card is at zero percent interest, which I only use when making a purchase over 1000 dollars I have been doing this for years between two credit card companys when ever I pay off a balance the other one sends the same ol zero interest for 18 month offer .as far as using a UAW credit card in public. never happen for me. I'd carry The I am Fag visa card! before using a UAW visa card. I would not want to be associated with a bunch of cry baby, blood sucking, cry yourself right out of a job, organization . I still have dignity. after what the UAW has done to american manufactors is just dispicable.and they would want me to go around advertising for them . what ever :sos:

Yeah, real dispicable. How dare they promote safe, good paying jobs for American workers.

Enjoy your FAG credit card. The way this country is going, you'll probably have one soon.

Yeah, real dispicable. How dare they promote safe, good paying jobs for American workers.

Enjoy your FAG credit card. The way this country is going, you'll probably have one soon.

In case you dont realise it, they dont promote safe,good paying jobs any more. they take over a company like a bunch of leaches and cry themeseleves right out of a job. there are thousands of companys in this country that are non union. have safe jobs,pay more than union jobs.and dont have a bunch a crybabies callin in sick ,refusing to work because they have a restriction.open your eyes the UAW is now dead in this country by a self inflicted wound of greed and laziness.Ford and Gm have finally loosed themselves from a corrupt cry baby organisation .and will finally be able to compete with Honda and Toyota who btw have safe and high paying jobs without the UAW.Here in the USA .when those that are left at Ford see the new contract with a pay cut , co pay insurance, plus a 120% increase in union dues. they will wish they took a buyout.

U.Aint.Working. UAW :slap:

In case you dont realise it, they dont promote safe,good paying jobs any more. they take over a company like a bunch of leaches and cry themeseleves right out of a job. there are thousands of companys in this country that are non union. have safe jobs,pay more than union jobs.and dont have a bunch a crybabies callin in sick ,refusing to work because they have a restriction.open your eyes the UAW is now dead in this country by a self inflicted wound of greed and laziness.Ford and Gm have finally loosed themselves from a corrupt cry baby organisation .and will finally be able to compete with Honda and Toyota who btw have safe and high paying jobs without the UAW.Here in the USA .when those that are left at Ford see the new contract with a pay cut , co pay insurance, plus a 120% increase in union dues. they will wish they took a buyout.

:stop: If you could spell and use correct grammar, someone might take you seriously.

Union dues ain't going up. At least not till 2010 and have to be voted on at the Convention.

Yeah, I'm sure everything is just honky-dory at Toyota and Honda. Al the employees sing, "It's a Small World Afterall" as they build those boring ass cars. Only reason people buy them is because of the media.

I'm not taking a buyout and there won't be a pay cut in the future. No raises maybe, but no paycut. Wake up fool! Our wages aren't the problem. It's lack of product. Each car that goes down the line cost Ford $0.40 for me to do what I do to the vehicle. Holy crap! We'll bankrupt them! 40 freakin cents!

If we're all lazy asses and cry babies, wonder how the cars get built at all?

Go learn to spell and maybe you can get a better job and quit crying on our forum.

Edited by Twincam Harley

Union dues ain't going up. At least not till 2010 and have to be voted on at the Convention.

they are going up they just lost 500.000 members who is gonna pay for that. so with your pay cut and co pay your wages will be rolled back to be more in line with the national average of about 18.00 a hour. have fun. :stirpot:

they are going up they just lost 500.000 members who is gonna pay for that. so with your pay cut and co pay your wages will be rolled back to be more in line with the national average of about 18.00 a hour. have fun. :stirpot:

God, another jealouse TROLL, :wacko: dude you have issues, want some chesse for you whine. :cry::baby:

What Wal-mart not treating you right. I know I know cleaning bathrooms, nevermind.

I think you need to go to this site http://www.bosonation.com/honda.htm

Aren't you a former UAW Ford Worker, who recently took the buyout? If so, your post seems pretty hypocritical saying you wouldn't use a uaw credit card in public. And you have turned my post into something controversial when it was meant to hopefully help someone who may be able to use the information.