To All At NAP Today

jshep

I really miss everyone, but I have to say it sure is nice not to have to come in there anymore. I thought about all of you last night and prayed you would have a good day today.......I bet there are a lot of changes taking place. But just hang on. No matter how tough it gets, remember there's $100,000.00 at the end of the rainbow for you or whatever deal you may have chosen.........And I fear the end of the rainbow will be here before you know it.........See you guys sometime...

John Shepherd

Norfolk Assembly Plant(ret)

Edited by jshep

I really miss everyone, but I have to say it sure is nice not to have to come in there anymore. I thought about all of you last night and prayed you would have a good day today.......I bet there a a lot of changes taking place. But just hang on. No matter how tough it gets, remember there's $100,000.00 at the end of the rainbow for you or whatever deal you may have chosen.........And I fear the end of the rainbow will be here before you know it.........See you guys sometime...

John Shepherd

I bet Norfolk ran like shit today with lots of people put on jobs they don't even know!!! I would have loved to have been there to see all the confusion going on!

I really miss everyone, but I have to say it sure is nice not to have to come in there anymore. I thought about all of you last night and prayed you would have a good day today.......I bet there a a lot of changes taking place. But just hang on. No matter how tough it gets, remember there's $100,000.00 at the end of the rainbow for you or whatever deal you may have chosen.........And I fear the end of the rainbow will be here before you know it.........See you guys sometime...

John Shepherd

Spoken like a true retiree,hope you have a answering machine to screen calls LOL , they just might call you back for consulting ,wish the best to you in your retired life . JG

I bet Norfolk ran like shit today with lots of people put on jobs they don't even know!!! I would have loved to have been there to see all the confusion going on!
if you are bored and you like that kind of thing why not go down to the interstate at rush hour and watch that confusion!

We ran better than even management thought we would. 6.9 hrs and we had our numbers and called it a day.

Thanks for the kind words John.

We did only run 6.9 hours. Chassis final ran pretty normal, but on the way out the door the front end looked like a cluster-*%@#. I did hear very early in the day that we only needed 300 for the day. People were being trained on many jobs, a lot of extra people. We are scheduled for 10 hours, and it certainly had a very different feeling about it today (can't really explain).

so what job did you end up being put on ?

Im in body ,same job . Talked to the boss lady today ,and she said that they have us working light this week to get people used to their new jobs etc. Metal line went home at around 12:30 today,and the rest went 7.5.

She said we are ramping up for 8 hour days.She has'nt heard anything from Ford about working anymore than that.

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

Thanks for the kind words John.

We did only run 6.9 hours. Chassis final ran pretty normal, but on the way out the door the front end looked like a cluster-*%@#. I did hear very early in the day that we only needed 300 for the day. People were being trained on many jobs, a lot of extra people. We are scheduled for 10 hours, and it certainly had a very different feeling about it today (can't really explain).

It looked like a cluster*&^% because of issues from trim and chassis. People are learning new jobs and plenty of doubles everywhere. If the line builds crap, the front in will look like crap, Brainac.