Red Carpet Early Bird for Edge?

Canyonero

I'm on my third 36 month Red Carpet Explorer lease and my dealer recently called to let me know that I could turn it in early (I have 10 months remaining) under an early bird program for a new 2007 Explorer. After three Explorers, I decided I would like to try an Edge for a change. My dealer says they aren't currently offering early turn in for Explorer to Edge, but had me build my edge on-line and fax in what I wanted. They said that they could order the Edge, guessing that it might take up to eight weeks to arrive and by then early bird might be possible. They called today and said that since my desired configuration was reasonable (SEL Plus, carbon with camel leather, panorama roof, audiophile, and sirius but no nav or dvd) and that they could order it and if I was not able to early bird it when it arrived, I would be under no obligation to buy.

Has anyone heard if Ford Credit might be offering early bird deals on the Edge? My concern is that they probably won't be doing this in the next few months and that I shouldn't bother placing the order at this time just to have it arrive and not be able to take delivery - I wouldn't be willing or able to pay for two leases at the same time - even for 6-8 months. I can always order closer to my turn in date, but it would be fun to have my new toy sooner. Thoughts?

• 3 months later...