Study: Ford and Toyota Rated Top Brands in US

Study: Toyota, Ford top U.S. brands

Automotive News / January 8, 2007 - 1:00 am

"YONKERS, N.Y. -- U.S. consumers say Toyota and Ford are the strongest vehicle brands, according to a new study by Consumer Reports. "

"Respondents gave Toyota top marks for performance, quality, technology/innovation and value. Ford nosed out Toyota in the survey's design/style category. Volvo took top honors for safety. "

This is good news for Ford. While it shows they may still be lacking in the perception of quality, it does show that the brand still carries a lot of weight with consumers. In other words, Ford is still on the shoppers' radar. Given the right product, Ford could rebound much better than many of the doom-and-gloom reporters are assuming.

This is good news for Ford. While it shows they may still be lacking in the perception of quality, it does show that the brand still carries a lot of weight with consumers. In other words, Ford is still on the shoppers' radar. Given the right product, Ford could rebound much better than many of the doom-and-gloom reporters are assuming.

That means the Focus (which looks pretty good) better kick butt, because I'm unsure about the Five Hundred.

That means the Focus (which looks pretty good) better kick butt, because I'm unsure about the Five Hundred.

Well, I doubt much of anything in the CURRENT lineup (or 08) is really going to fix anything in regards to the "right product". I'm hoping the first models under Mullaly's leadership will prove he's got the right stuff to turn this ship around. I think the people-movers, B-cars and next F-150 will really tell us where things are headed.

I'm sorry, I have to take exception to that statement. The only thing the Ford brand perception tops the minds in is the most subjective and fickle catagory.

This means that in the hearts, minds and payments of Middle America, Fords only real demographic; Toyota has completly supplanted Ford. And this is released by the demo's premier info source, right in the middle of our hometown glam fest. Not good at all. Add that to the upcoming Neckcar season and the average unaware car buyers corner of the eye perception of the industry and this is going to be a l o n g year in Dearborn. They had already better be planning on a long lead series of leaks for NY and beyond just to remind people that change is anticipated.

I am very worried about this indeed. It is like a laundry list of everything that Ford has let slip and must attempt CPR on.

So much to do in such a short amount of time...