Ford Wins Best In Show and Best Concept

That's nice, but people don't buy concepts. They buy vehicles available at the local dealership.

And Lincoln, in particular, has teased us with stunning concepts for several years, while offering vehicles for sale that are hardly stunning.

Let's hope that these concepts - or something as attractive and exciting - make it to the showroom floor.

I'd agree, as good as the Interceptor is, I think the MKR was the best concept.

I'd have to agree the MKR is better. I hate the interior of the Interceptor. It looked like an old Maverick inside. The MKR had a lot of details that were intricate, even though some of them, like the floating console may not be practical for production...

Yea, because we all know that Buicks are always that sexy. :rolleyes:

Please show me any Buick that has looked anywhere as good as the C-FX. Please.

Oh man it's just a stab at how back in the early 1990's Buick was picking up the Jaguar cues...

The new Jaguar is okay but it really doesn't make me foam at the mouth with desire. And that's okay. Some people like new Jaguars and some don't. I like the older ones and the outgoing XK. I never did care for the sedans after Ford got their hands into them.

I do notice that the Mazda RX-8 style fenders are showing up on this, the Iosis/Mondeo and the MKR concept. Similar Iosis and Volvo hood lines flowing into the A pillar, up then back accross the roof rail flowing down to the rear quarters and decklid. This seems to originate more with Volvo styling, along with a shouldered look from the beltline. Ford seems to be adapting this design language across several brands, similar to how GM has started adapting Opel design language accross it's brands.

Designers awarded four awards at the show to the designs they thought were the best. Before the results were announced, I guessed the four would be the Cadillac CTS, Jag C-XF, Lincoln MKR, and Chrysler minivans (one category forcused on interior functionality).

I got only the CTS right. I'd forgetten that designers were so into way-out concepts.

Now I see Autoweek picking the Lincoln and the Jag. Interesting.

My other impressions from that day at the press show:

http://www.truedelta.com/pieces/naias3.php

Yea, because we all know that Buicks are always that sexy. :rolleyes:

Please show me any Buick that has looked anywhere as good as the C-FX. Please.

For your viewing pleasure: the 1938 Buick Y-job, considered to be the first concept car, and the first car of the Harley Earl era.

(You did say -any- Buick ;))

Edited by syrtran