Dr. Ron Paul from TX to run for prez in 2008

mngirl

Don't want to ruffle any feathers because Paul is Repub - he's not one of their favorites by a long shot- but here's a link

for you to read and make up your own mind.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/janua...0107ronpaul.htm

America is not dead yet- on life support- but we still have a chance to save our great nation.

Oh, and I want Lou Dobbs for vice-prez. :reading:

Don't want to ruffle any feathers because Paul is Repub - he's not one of their favorites by a long shot- but here's a link

America is not dead yet- on life support- but we still have a chance to save our great nation.

Paul gave a great little talk about BushCo's threats to attack Iran. The video is at:

http://www.alternet.org. It's in the video section, titled: "Republican warns Bush might fake pretext for Iran invasion."

Ron Paul is a pure Libertarian who has the support of Republicans in Congress because he votes for their leadership instead of being an independent.

When he's run in Texas, most of his fund raising has come from a national network of Libertarian donors.

I don't have anything against Libertarians (heck, it's nice to hear Paul and others point out the massive waste of time and money the "War on Drugs" has been). But don't assume he's even close to electable.

If Paul gets even one primary vote, expect the airwaves to be flooded with his speaches against drug enforcement, his opposition to child labor laws and other extreme notions.

Bob

He sounds good but, another rep. from Texas? I just don't know....

Look at the people for what they stand for and what they have done. Not for where they are from or what party they are from.

The Texan represents a dying breed in Congress, those who actually cast their votes in accordance with the Constitution and not at the discretion of lobbyists or the fear that the elite will tarnish their political careers if they don't continually support the establishment. As a result Ron Paul is the elite's worse nightmare, simply having him on the ticket itself will be a massive public relations blow, and that's why media organs will probably be activated to try and discredit him before 2008.

I thought this country was founded on the Constitution and not lobbyists.

Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act, opposes the draft, advocates the abolition of the income tax, urges the re-introduction of the gold standard, and stands against initiatives to strip the U.S. of its sovereignty such as CAFTA and the FTAA.

I have sypathies for Libertarian viewpoints, but Ron Paul has zero chance of being nominated or elected. He is a fringe player, slightly above gadfly status. The Republican machinery will bulldoze him before the primary season even gets started. Same thing with Obama. A media hype job right now is getting him some good pr, but if anyone thinks average joe america will vote for a man named Obama, you have to be dreaming. The key players to watch- Hillary, Con Rice, Powell, Edwards, Gulianni, and McCain.

I have sypathies for Libertarian viewpoints, but Ron Paul has zero chance of being nominated or elected. He is a fringe player, slightly above gadfly status. The Republican machinery will bulldoze him before the primary season even gets started. Same thing with Obama. A media hype job right now is getting him some good pr, but if anyone thinks average joe america will vote for a man named Obama, you have to be dreaming. The key players to watch- Hillary, Con Rice, Powell, Edwards, Gulianni, and McCain.

Average joe America votes on their perceptions, not names. The "media hype" comes because of his down to earth views, as well as his moral base, something desperately missing/needed in our government; this appeals to the masses. I don't believe he will run in 08, but the next. He is precisely what we need.

You can forget about Condoleeza or Colin Powell. Edwards already stated he wil run. Gulliani--not. McCain would never make it.

Hillary?? Good lord. Women are emotional beings, (sexist, I know), that is reality. Even after menopausal years.

Name is part of perception. obama , never gonna happen. edwards good chance. I like libertarians, but know they dont win.

A Libertarian could win if people would only stop beleiving half the shit the Dems and Reps spout and start voting with their true feelings instead of listening to the wasted vote crowd.

Many voted for Ross Perot even though it was said to be a wasted vote. Many now wish they had voted for him instead of the better of the 2 evils as most everything he said has come true.

People are starting to see that the dems and reps are just whores who cater to a different clientel and that just happens not to be the average American Citizen.

If the people (working citizens) of America want change then the leadership has to be changed and that means members of a different country club.

He sounds good but, another rep. from Texas? I just don't know....

The moron in office presently is not from Texas. He was born in New Haven, Connecticut. Moved to Texas at the age of 2 but attended college at Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts and later into Yale University, where he became a member of the secretive Skull and Bones society. In 1972 Bush took a transfer to the Alabama Air National Guard (from Texas), and in 1974 he obtained permission to end his six-year service obligation six months early to attend Harvard Business School, receiving an honorable discharge. Sounds like a true Texan to me.

Ron Paul is the most conservative republican in office. Check his record at: the new American

I agree, and have also voted for libertarian candidates, as well as some other third parties. Ross Perot had the best chance, but never had the temperment to be President. Ron Paul may have the temperment, but not the charisma that is important in a TV age. He will want to give real answers to questions when his opponents will give short quotable sound bites for the media market. Whose do you think will play on the news?