COUNTDOWN

diamondhead

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have kept AMERICANS WORKING!!!! Bill Ford is about dollars not keeping his homeland in jobs .

Until a plant goes through it, they truly cannot understand seeing the doors close. It is just a horrible feeling - the hard work, the emotions, the future. As a former SLAP, good luck to all. We can put our awards together on the shelf!

Until a plant goes through it, they truly cannot understand seeing the doors close. It is just a horrible feeling - the hard work, the emotions, the future. As a former SLAP, good luck to all. We can put our awards together on the shelf!

Rumor has it that the last Taurus will roll off

the money line on dayshift on Friday the 27 of October.

It's been a FUN RIDE :titanic: :rip: :beerchug:

Everytime I think about my last days here in AAP I am overcome with sadness.My 6+Years down here have been great,the hard work has taught me alot about myself and others.The great people I have met over the years was one of the best benefits of the job.I am proud to go out and tell people back in Michigan (my family and friends) that I work at Atlanta Assembly plant!!

They really don't understand what that means to work at AAP,it means myself and fellow workers here in AAP do it right and do it the hard way.

We here take alot of pride with us as we leave the plant in the coming weeks never to return!

I wish all AAP workers well and much success in there new life,and the 30 or so that are going to move on with the company spread your work habits and passion and pride that you carry on like a virus!!!

Thanks,Hendew

I wish you all could build me a Fusion.

I wish they could build me one too, I like them, but won't buy one. Good luck to all at AAP, you couldn't have built a better car. I was always taught by my father that hard work payed off.....apparently it's now "cheap" work that pays off.

Good Luck.

It is incredibly hard, watching your plant die, as if of a cronic illness that slowly steals the life away. You reach a point where you wish that it would hurry up and be over with, but you know once this moment is gone, it will be gone forever, and you want to make this life last just a little bit longer. Tensions are high, the stress is mounting, and you want this plant to go out the proud winner it has always been, because you know you will remember this 'passing' forever... There will be life beyond ford, but it is yet to be defined, and there is, for some, the fear of the unknown. Some of us are institutionalized and grieving (we really thought we were part of 'the Ford family'), some are mad, and some seem shamelessly happy to be escaping. It has been a long year for us here at AAP, but it will be longer for some of you whose plants are closing even later. Plan well, good luck, and God bless. Remember that His eye is on the sparrow. We still have a little ways left to go.

Ive been here at AAP for 14 years now, my father has been here 42

(and still is here), and my little brother has been here 12. I spent 4.5

of mine on the line, and am now an electrician on midnight shift.

I remember coming out here when I was 6 for open house, when they

actually let you walk through while the line was running, and my dad

getting his zip or relief man to let him off the job for a few minutes so

he could come over and see me. Then I remember being 12, and coming

out here every other week to pick up his checks during the big lay-off

starting in '79. I remember thinking when I was a kid that this must be

the biggest building on earth, all the while he told me he never wanted me

to work in a place like this.

Now I do my part to try to keep it running, every night, and for what? But

instead of thinking "for what", I do my job because that is what he taught

me to do. I have alot of emotional attachments to this place, and it will be

one of the saddest days when I see the doors shutter for good.

But, every time I hear someone say "that is a helluva car yall build down

there", its like a ray of hope, and I think "Wow, someone somewhere noticed".

Thank you to all of you for your kind words and thoughts.

P.S. And for what its worth, I hope I'll be seeing some of yall in the future.

I think I may just ride out the storm after all.

Edited by The Sentinel

they should have put the 500 /freestyle in Chicago, and Fusion / Edge in Atlanta

No shit! As our sister plant, I'm sorry to see you go. I spent some time down there prior to our launch of the Taurus/Sable. You had a paint shop isolated from the rest of the plant and we still haven't modernized our paint department for cleanliness. There were plans to build a separate paint department here in 2007 but it seems to be on hold. We still have room for expansion and our supplier park helps keep us going. The state said it would help by rerouting 130th street to eliminate the train bottlenecks, but after 2+ years there is nothing done but the leveling of a few businesses. We couldn't understand why the Fusion etc. couldn't be built in either of our plants but Mexico saves Ford money and a lot of us won't buy Fusions here because of that. Nevertheless many sit in our parking lot today. :shrug:

Everytime I think about my last days here in AAP I am overcome with sadness.My 6+Years down here have been great,the hard work has taught me alot about myself and others.The great people I have met over the years was one of the best benefits of the job.I am proud to go out and tell people back in Michigan (my family and friends) that I work at Atlanta Assembly plant!!

They really don't understand what that means to work at AAP,it means myself and fellow workers here in AAP do it right and do it the hard way.

We here take alot of pride with us as we leave the plant in the coming weeks never to return!

I wish all AAP workers well and much success in there new life,and the 30 or so that are going to move on with the company spread your work habits and passion and pride that you carry on like a virus!!!

Thanks,Hendew

hey former Monroe brother e-mail me about how you can jump to the front of the line if you so wish.... I know you left monroe for job security and you got boned in the process but you DO have an option to be placed e-mail me if you want the details...by the way it's for people who transfered out of former visteon plants only

I have an '02 Taurus and it is a damn fine vehicle. I wish they would let ya'll continue to make them. Good luck to all at AAP. I am at NAP, so we are not far behind in terms of shutting down. Give'em hell wherever you go.

Was just told we are ahead of schedule and body shop will probably build out on

Monday the 23 of October. Also was told we would be offered short work week

or can come in and clean up :doh: :rip: :tequila: :titanic: :titanic:

Diamondhead who told you we were ahead of schedule?Are you in Body?I work in Body and we are ahead but as of lastnight we were only 1 day ahead not 2?

My soarce is looking at the order bank,writeup, and what we have in ilvs.

Every thing points to that timeframe barring big breakdowns. But then again you

know how hard it is to keep running with worn out equipment and no weeking maintenance.

I'm in body.

I have an '02 Taurus and it is a damn fine vehicle. I wish they would let ya'll continue to make them. Good luck to all at AAP. I am at NAP, so we are not far behind in terms of shutting down. Give'em hell wherever you go.

I hate to hear it for yall Gunslinger. I have an 05 F150 that yall built, and I couldnt love it more.

You gonna stick it out, or are you gonna bail? Maybe we should get our Dillon's together and go IPSA or something, it'd be alot more fun than building cars dont ya think?

I hate to hear it for yall Gunslinger. I have an 05 F150 that yall built, and I couldnt love it more.

You gonna stick it out, or are you gonna bail? Maybe we should get our Dillon's together and go IPSA or something, it'd be alot more fun than building cars dont ya think?

OK here we go,

8 days to go in body shop- 10 days for trim and chassis. I'm ready to get it over with :( :titanic: :rip: :beerchug: