The "New" suspension on this one.. Very hard .

It has NO handling package either.

Surely, the dealers have a answer from Ford on this. I know I am Not the only

one with this. :angry:

Any comments ??

Thanks

Yeah i have to agree.I traded in my 99 with HPP for for my 05 LX.The 99 handled like a sports car even with 110k miles on it.This one i got with 21k on it.So far i have put on 2k on it and it dosen't handle in any way like my 99.But i like the car anyway so will get used to it.

When i take on >off ramps a little 2 quick i know i'm not in my 99 with HPP.If you got or deciede to get the LX SPORT i believe it has the HPP package.But they are hard to come buy.Thats what i was going to get but had trouble finding one at the time.I found a few but they were not in good shape and had a alot of miles on them.

I would still have my 99 as i was looking to put on 200k miles on it but the hurricane Wilma did a number on it and didn't pay for me to fix it.

The seats in the LX with the lumber support is alot better than my 99.

The police deptartments that buy the bulk of these cars have a handling package so thats all Ford really cares about.If the cops are happy Ford is happy.

If I'm not mistaken there IS no HPP package anymore. They made it the LX Sport so it became its own model. I think that's way cool.

Grab a Sport and take it thru some twists and turns, I think you'll be impressed. 239 hp!!

Keep in mind also, the suspension is totally new after 2003. Hydroformed frame rails, new short/long arm suspension, NVH improvements... so yes the newer cars will ride nicer than the older ones. Not knocking the older cars though! :)

Yeah i have to agree.I traded in my 99 with HPP for for my 05 LX.The 99 handled like a sports car even with 110k miles on it.This one i got with 21k on it.So far i have put on 2k on it and it dosen't handle in any way like my 99.But i like the car anyway so will get used to it.

When i take on >off ramps a little 2 quick i know i'm not in my 99 with HPP.If you got or deciede to get the LX SPORT i believe it has the HPP package.But they are hard to come buy.Thats what i was going to get but had trouble finding one at the time.I found a few but they were not in good shape and had a alot of miles on them.

I would still have my 99 as i was looking to put on 200k miles on it but the hurricane Wilma did a number on it and didn't pay for me to fix it.

The seats in the LX with the lumber support is alot better than my 99.

The police deptartments that buy the bulk of these cars have a handling package so thats all Ford really cares about.If the cops are happy Ford is happy.

Unless the HPP was cancelled for 2006, the HPP package is still available as an option on LX. I find that most people find it hard to believe that the HPP pacakage makes that much difference from the standard Vic, but it really changes the whole feel of the car. More responsive, flatter handling and even a better exhaust note.

HPP is for people who don't want a floor shifter so they can fit six in the car and get the stock 16 inch wheels. The Lx sport is for people who want the floor shifter and 17 inch wheels. Trust me on this one, I've done my research.

Edited by StevenJ

When it comes to the Sport vs. HPP-equipped LX, I wonder if there are any performance advantages/disadvantages to the Sport's 17 inch wheels? The Sport's tires are Goodyear 235/55/17s whereas the LX comes with the LX's 16 inch split-spoke rims but with the HPP's Michelin LX4 Energy tires.

I came close to buying a Crown Vic Sport in 2001 (02 model) but went with the Cobra instead. This time around though, the CV Sport's retail price had went up significantly and the few I saw had leather interior and I'm not a big fan of leather in general and especially in the Panthers. I do like the floor mounted shifter and the console, but it wasn't a make or break for me and I kind of liked the LX look this tie around with the right color. Looks more official...although the black CV Sports are sweet. Just not as sweet as the Marauder!!

You're the exact opposite of me. I can't stand cloth seats. I love leather in all shapes and forms.

I don't really hate leather. My 01 Cobra had standard leather/Alcantara suede BTW and I liked those particular seats. My first car had leather and I've had a couple of others with leather. Its just one of those things that's a trade-off with either. Leather requires more attention or they dry out, get hard and crack. They are also rather cool in the winter if you don't have heated seats. Leather makes the interior feel hotter in the summer and my backside just never seems to get any cool air during the summer with all leather.

Cloth seats can get discolored. They will stain quicker and and collect lint and dust. They are more likely to show wear and tear...and they will at times shock the piss out of you from static electricity when exiting the car without deliberately grounding yourself. With the differing trade-offs I personally just give a slight edge to cloth...if its a good quality cloth and I prefer darker material. Light grey or beige cloth would not be a favored choice for me.

With the Crown Victoria specifically (again we'll differ), I like the plush cloth a bit better and that's mostly because of the seating surface itself. Because the seats are rather flat with very minimum bolstering, the cloth seems to keep me in place better when turning or taking a curve. I've driven two different Panthers extensively...one with leather and this one with cloth and with the leather, the seats just felt a bit too slick.

Yeah, you forget to mention one thing about cloth. If you just cut your figner nails and try touch the seats, it will really tickle your fingers. I know this doesn't bother most people but on some types of cloth, it really bothers me. That and the fact that cloth stains way too easily.