Ford working on 6speed truck transmission (6speed version of the 5R100 )

until an audit revealed that there were only 13 rifles in Brookings County. Shortly afterwards, the tax was repealed.

Uh, I'm just a dumb Canuck. Please explain.

BTW, here's a Canuck joke:

Two American tourists were driving through Nova Scotia. As they were approaching Shubenacadde (shoe-been-aack-id-dee), they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town's name. They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch.

As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the blonde employee, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are... ver-r-ry slo-o-owly?"

The blonde waitress leaned over the counter and says, Tiiimmmmm Hoorrrrttoooonnns" :happy feet:

There are two kinds of property tax in the U.S. (generally employed by states, or their municipalities).

'property tax' is a tax paid annually based on the assessed value of real estate.

'personal property tax' is a tax paid annually based on the assessed value of such items as guns, TVs, refrigerators, mattresses, Hummell figurines, Star Trek collector plates, Joe Garagiola baseball cards and so forth.

The kicker is that personal property tax is usually self-reported. Whereas the state KNOWS if you own a parcel of land, you have to tell the state if you own a television set.

Needless to say, it is not the kind of tax that inspires honest reporting.

Uh, I'm just a dumb Canuck. Please explain.

BTW, here's a Canuck joke:

Two American tourists were driving through Nova Scotia. As they were approaching Shubenacadde (shoe-been-aack-id-dee), they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town's name. They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch.

As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the blonde employee, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are... ver-r-ry slo-o-owly?"

The blonde waitress leaned over the counter and says, Tiiimmmmm Hoorrrrttoooonnns" :happy feet:

:hysterical::hysterical:

"I don't care who you are, now thats funny."- Larry the cable guy

this is a different 6speed .. this is a 6speed to handle the Power Stroke.... the F150 tranny replaced the 4speed in the current F150... there is no 5speed auto in F150 (IIRC)

another source:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/070206/1413598.html?.v=1

Igor

What is the time frame on this trans (sorry, can't open the link)?

Is this a trans needed for the Hurricane's torque rating?

What is the time frame on this trans (sorry, can't open the link)?

Is this a trans needed for the Hurricane's torque rating?

I believe this is the Diesel tranny for the 6.4l Powerstroke .. to replace the 5speed .. not for F150 or its 4.4l Diesel (but it is possible the 4.4lD will need it instead of whatever they are getting ready for the BOSS/Hurricane engines) I definitely hope the BOSS?Hurricane F150's do not get this, because the SD 5speed is not know for smooth shifts - it is powerful, but rough and unrefined. F150 and most other vehicles that will get BOSS/Hurricane need smoother tranny.

The links say that they will discuss this this week at a board meeting, and are trying to move quickly .. so probably either job2 for 08 or job1 for 09 model years.

Igor

Edited by igor

I think I've read somewhere that the current 5r110 is actually a 6 speed transmission that only uses 5 of the gears based on different conditions mostly because the 3/4 ratio are so close that it would be a waste of time to use both. So maybe its a bit of a change in programming with a small change in the internals to get the new tranny?

I think I've read somewhere that the current 5r110 is actually a 6 speed transmission that only uses 5 of the gears based on different conditions mostly because the 3/4 ratio are so close that it would be a waste of time to use both. So maybe its a bit of a change in programming with a small change in the internals to get the new tranny?

Whatever it is, it needs to be tricked up both in the smoother shifting and brawn department.

In this case, nothing less than a 6R127 will do... and if you believe in old SysEng,

it better be a 6R150!

Right now, the PSD is torque limited because the 5R110 can't take the wallop.

A new PSD needs to match the other guys at 650#T... ergo more brawn. Oh,

you aren't going to get smooth shifting out of a tranny running at its limits.

So, if this is gonna look professional, 6R150 is minimum. 6R163 would be

a better target.

And yes, Ford can make a weakling tranny look good off the lot. But most

truck drivers make their judgments after a few years and 200K miles.

If it ain't a good judgment, you'll never hear about it... 'cept in the

competitions sales figures...