STAP Saved - Unconfirmed Facts???

Yesterdays paper stated the following - paraphrased and point form:

Indefinite Layoffs may be cancelled - enough people took the buyout. (Whitey)

Still to One Shift in April - (Whitey and Company)

Fantastic Response from workers accepting the offers - (Whitey and Company) THANKS GUYS FROM THE JUNIORS

Possiblity of preferential hiring in November 2007 from Windsor Plant. (Company and Whitey - I think it was both.)

This is actually good news for a change. Just want to say thank you in advance to all the senior guys that took the buyouts, you did well for yourself and the "younger" generation. And for the additional people that took the Voluntary - thank you as well and we hope you take the money, invest it well and enjoy your future. The company may have offered it, the union may have fought for it, but like ANYTHING that happens in ANY plant - our boys (and girls) made it happen!!!

Not sure what you mean stap saved? still going to one shift and still have many skilled trades on layoff and probably still closing in 2010-2012 ...

I dont think they know how many layoffs they will still need until the guys actually retire some might still change their minds and until the town car starts.

Yesterdays paper stated the following - paraphrased and point form:

Indefinite Layoffs may be cancelled - enough people took the buyout. (Whitey)

Still to One Shift in April - (Whitey and Company)

Fantastic Response from workers accepting the offers - (Whitey and Company) THANKS GUYS FROM THE JUNIORS

Possiblity of preferential hiring in November 2007 from Windsor Plant. (Company and Whitey - I think it was both.)

This is actually good news for a change. Just want to say thank you in advance to all the senior guys that took the buyouts, you did well for yourself and the "younger" generation. And for the additional people that took the Voluntary - thank you as well and we hope you take the money, invest it well and enjoy your future. The company may have offered it, the union may have fought for it, but like ANYTHING that happens in ANY plant - our boys (and girls) made it happen!!!

Not sure what you mean stap saved? still going to one shift and still have many skilled trades on layoff and probably still closing in 2010-2012 ...

I dont think they know how many layoffs they will still need until the guys actually retire some might still change their minds and until the town car starts.

I suppose what I meant was when there are plants closing and so many on indefinite layoffs we are pretty lucky that the number of people CHOOSING to leave exceeds those that would have been forced to sit in limbo. While there still may be some that are laid off - temporary is much better than indefinite. There has been so much left to the unknown that there is a definite feeling of woohoo - I know what my future is and you feel a little in control of your life again.

While by no means did I mean to insinuate that the plant is solid forever but another 3 years is definitely a repreive and it would be nice to get through today without having to worry about 2010. Let's just get through 2007 first.

And I still thank all of those who chose to take the buyoutsbecause for the time being, they did save my family. :hyper:

I suppose what I meant was when there are plants closing and so many on indefinite layoffs we are pretty lucky that the number of people CHOOSING to leave exceeds those that would have been forced to sit in limbo. While there still may be some that are laid off - temporary is much better than indefinite. There has been so much left to the unknown that there is a definite feeling of woohoo - I know what my future is and you feel a little in control of your life again.

While by no means did I mean to insinuate that the plant is solid forever but another 3 years is definitely a repreive and it would be nice to get through today without having to worry about 2010. Let's just get through 2007 first.

And I still thank all of those who chose to take the buyoutsbecause for the time being, they did save my family. :hyper:

Thank them for taking the buyout? they are idiots if they dont some have 39-40 years seniority must be nice to retire with a full pension and $70,000 or $85,000 and a $30,000 voucher towards a new car.

most of us will never get that offer again....I can't understand why anyone with over 30 years wouldnt take it now....

but like I said it doesnt save the plant and it didnt save alot of skilled trades jobs either....

one shift is the worst thing to happen to a plant and leads directly to a closure usually.

Thank them for taking the buyout? they are idiots if they dont some have 39-40 years seniority must be nice to retire with a full pension and $70,000 or $85,000 and a $30,000 voucher towards a new car.

most of us will never get that offer again....I can't understand why anyone with over 30 years wouldnt take it now....

but like I said it doesnt save the plant and it didnt save alot of skilled trades jobs either....

one shift is the worst thing to happen to a plant and leads directly to a closure usually.

Wow - I appreciate your bitterness however, it is their choice to keep working whether we agree with it or not. I, like you cannot understand how people can keep working for $4 an hour when they could retire but they are them and I am me.

And also, although there has been a lot of bitterness I am still thankful there are so many still with a job. Is it a perfect scenario? Of course not but it is all in how you look at it. Ford creates enough misery that when we have a chance to see a positive aspect somewhere, gotta grab it. Lots of reasons to feel knocked to your knees if you let them. I am not letting them anymore. I am focusing on those happy with leaving and those happy to be getting a paycheque for however much longer it lasts. I am not discounting the job losses but at the very least, skilled trades are just that - SKILLED - and do have a lot more options than a line worker where most of the options are to go from plant to plant. Sometimes you need to close your eyes and barrel forward - you end up where you end up and that is life.

Wow - I appreciate your bitterness however, it is their choice to keep working whether we agree with it or not. I, like you cannot understand how people can keep working for $4 an hour when they could retire but they are them and I am me.

And also, although there has been a lot of bitterness I am still thankful there are so many still with a job. Is it a perfect scenario? Of course not but it is all in how you look at it. Ford creates enough misery that when we have a chance to see a positive aspect somewhere, gotta grab it. Lots of reasons to feel knocked to your knees if you let them. I am not letting them anymore. I am focusing on those happy with leaving and those happy to be getting a paycheque for however much longer it lasts. I am not discounting the job losses but at the very least, skilled trades are just that - SKILLED - and do have a lot more options than a line worker where most of the options are to go from plant to plant. Sometimes you need to close your eyes and barrel forward - you end up where you end up and that is life.

Not bitter I just think buyouts arent the way to go the union should have fought to keep 2 shifts of production instead of buying out 800 guys....they should have seen this coming last contract and got it settled then.

with some re design and actual trying on Fords part to advertise these cars and re fresh them , and add the town car I think they would have been close to 2 shifts for production, all these buyouts do is make it easier to close this plant.

Alot of good talend and experience will be gone too in trades the union jobs etc....I think it will be a mess as the job bidding already is.

do you want some cheese with that wh wh wh WHINE :

do you want some cheese with that wh wh wh WHINE :

Thanks for the input not sure how that is whining though , just stating the facts.

if you read the title of the thread stap saved...I still ask how is it saved by the buyouts?

one shift is bad news and I see many families being hurt still by layoffs etc...many trades guys with alot of years in will get no pension and are too old to get one elsewhere even if they can land a job.

Maybe trades layoffs will be delayed until the re tooling for the town car is done but nobody knows yet.

at least they saved the junior guys jobs most of the ones who dont want to work anyway and never show up on Fridays .....

Thanks for the input not sure how that is whining though , just stating the facts.

if you read the title of the thread stap saved...I still ask how is it saved by the buyouts?

one shift is bad news and I see many families being hurt still by layoffs etc...many trades guys with alot of years in will get no pension and are too old to get one elsewhere even if they can land a job.

Maybe trades layoffs will be delayed until the re tooling for the town car is done but nobody knows yet.

at least they saved the junior guys jobs most of the ones who dont want to work anyway and never show up on Fridays .....

I see that you are a tradesman,I'm sure with your trade you can find a job anywhere, hell there looking for trades people every where are they not,and as far as our union not trying to save the second shift,Whitey is working is ass off trying to secure a second shift for everybody,so why don't you wait and see what the company is going to do instead of blaming the Union.

The Union didn't put us in this position,THE COMPANY DID!

instead of blaming the Union.

The Union didn't put us in this position,THE COMPANY DID!

Well the UNION did represent the line workers, but the skilled trades were hung out to dry.We were told that we should attend a meeting to discuss the future and the possibility of static shift or rotating.

It was not to be a VOTE, just a chat so as to know what to take back to Carmen regarding hours.

So the union rep we have feeds everyone at the meeting a bunch of bullshit about

5am start for pm crews.(frozen shift as usual

7am for some skilled trades

8:30am for others and

12am for others.

As it was presented by our so called skilled trade union rep ( who by the way is taking the buyout) the 7,8:30,12 shifts would rotate.

Whitey said straight to us that we are a 3 shift and we will not allow that to be taken away.

Yeah BULLSHIT.

The offer that Carmen told our reps to propose was either static shift , or rotating between 8:30 am start for 2 weeks and 12am start for 2 weeks.

WTF apperently the way to save some money is to give the trades a shift to DIE for.No pension if yer dead.

So the line workers get full employment , no lay offs and straight days,.

The skilled trades lose approx 33% to layoff and are stuck on a Fucked up shift made up by some bean counter to maximize coverage at the expense of the trades jobs and health.

Thx for our great Union Representation.

Lie to us at a meeting, then tell us that we voted to take a 8:30am and 12am rotating start.

I for one ( I firmly believe I am not the only one who feels this way)feel the trades were sold out by a rep who doesn't give a Fuck because he is getting bought out.

Kind of a conflict of interest if you ask me.

So long Bitch made short. I feel the UNION is to blame.

What happened to the days of fair representation, or any representation for that matter.

Anyone with any knowledge on who we have to contact if we are unhappy with our so called UNION REPRESENTATION, please speak up.

Either bring back our representation or give me my 90$ a month back, cause my money is not helping to protect my job, hell the company is doing whatever it wants to the trades and the GOOD OL BOYS up front are as helpful as not having a union at all.

We need an election for new SKILLED TRADES REP and we need it now. We need someone with a vested interest as to what is taking place on the floor, not what color CAP vehicle they can take home with them when they take their SELLOUT pay and leave.

Hell we can't even get the skilled trades rep on the floor for a meeting even after he says he will be there.

Ok, well, anyway - I still say thanks to those taking the buyout - some are pissed because they are skilled trades and things are different for them, well, since what happens with the line workers affects me and my family (more than one of us at Ford actually), it has worked out well for us. Thanks go to those that took the buyout and thanks go to the Union for working to make the best of a BAD Company situation. Things could have been WAY worse than they are.

"Either bring back our representation or give me my 90$ a month back, cause my money is not helping to protect my job, hell the company is doing whatever it wants to the trades and the GOOD OL BOYS up front are as helpful as not having a union at all."

HAHA...I love when trade guys whine,nothing better.If you don't think your union is in your best interest go to IR and sign off.Save your 90 bucks a month.You are free to leave the union at any time...maybe that would give a shakeup to those that you think need it.

"Either bring back our representation or give me my 90$ a month back, cause my money is not helping to protect my job, hell the company is doing whatever it wants to the trades and the GOOD OL BOYS up front are as helpful as not having a union at all."

HAHA...I love when trade guys whine,nothing better.If you don't think your union is in your best interest go to IR and sign off.Save your 90 bucks a month.You are free to leave the union at any time...maybe that would give a shakeup to those that you think need it.

Thx GUYfromSTAP, glad I could offer something that you love.

State a fact and it is whining , challenge the media reports and it is whining.Confront the gutless wonder we have as skilled trades rep and it is whining.

Why is the UNION called a BROTHERHOOD when all you can offer is QUIT if you don't like it, Good solution to our lack of representation. Thx BROTHER,hope I can return the favor.

Good thing the BROTHERS prior to YOU didn't have the same attitude when they were confronted with challenges with the company and UNION.

Hope you aren't on here whining in 5 or 6 months when you are forced to work 4-10 hrs and 2-8 hrs every week, so the UNION can keep your job and the company can get one shift.

Thx GUYfromSTAP, glad I could offer something that you love.

State a fact and it is whining , challenge the media reports and it is whining.Confront the gutless wonder we have as skilled trades rep and it is whining.

Why is the UNION called a BROTHERHOOD when all you can offer is QUIT if you don't like it, Good solution to our lack of representation. Thx BROTHER,hope I can return the favor.

Good thing the BROTHERS prior to YOU didn't have the same attitude when they were confronted with challenges with the company and UNION.

Hope you aren't on here whining in 5 or 6 months when you are forced to work 4-10 hrs and 2-8 hrs every week, so the UNION can keep your job and the company can get one shift.

Nope would love some extra money.I worked at Ford 24 years so I've did my part in past challenges.I'm guessing if you are so concerned it's probably affecting you in these cuts to skilled trades so I'm guessing you haven't been around to fight changes before.You were bitching that the union wasn't doing their job so what better way then withdraw dues to show your disagreement.Get some other Skilled trades to join you with revoking you CAW card.I think the union could have and should have done more.Skilled trades is a different animal in that you had 3 shifts and now there is no need for 1 shift.It is silly to think you guys weren't going to get it at a higher percentage then line workers when a sane person had to see 1/3 of skilled trades were going to get the shaft.You feel the union is to blame in your post so what kind of sane person would give that same union their money each month???As I said before if you don't think your union is doing thngs in your best interest don't be giving them money to fuck you...that's stupid.If you are just having a bitch session fine...we all have them from time to time but if you actually believe Whitey and the union are to blame for the skilled trades layoffs get up to IR because you shouldn't finance someone who's trying to fuck you...no?If the majority of skilled trades feel as you do you guys really fucked up on voting your rep in.Do something to make a change out at the plant instead of just WHINING here.There aren't that many of you skilled trade guys so get together and force the union to listen if most feel your way.

Edited by GuyfromSTAP

the union are to blame for the skilled trades layoffs get up to IR because you shouldn't finance someone who's trying to fuck you...no?If the majority of skilled trades feel as you do you guys really fucked up on voting your rep in.Do something to make a change out at the plant instead of just WHINING here.There aren't that many of you skilled trade guys so get together and force the union to listen if most feel your way.

Thx, you answered my first post. What do we do?We are already as a small group talking about our options and now you have added info to our arsenal with the IR quote.

I also would like to answer your question , I am safe and if we go static I will probably have days.The point is there are alot of really good trades losing jobs,(I realize they can all be working tomorrow somewhere else) and I could have easily been one of them if the # crunchers had thier way and wanted more.

S

• 4 weeks later...

If you are not satisfied with the direction the trades rep. is heading, you must calmly inform him of your opinion, with constructive alternatives. If enough brothers & sisters are of the same opinion, they to must address the rep with their concerns, this will give him a mandate to take forward to the company, all reps. require guidence from the membership. If that fails to move him in the proper direction you must meet with the plant chairperson to deal with your issues. As far as voting in a new rep., who is in the back ground that would be willing willing to move in, try and do a good job without getting eaten alive?

If you are not satisfied with the direction the trades rep. is heading, you must calmly inform him of your opinion, with constructive alternatives. If enough brothers & sisters are of the same opinion, they to must address the rep with their concerns, this will give him a mandate to take forward to the company, all reps. require guidence from the membership. If that fails to move him in the proper direction you must meet with the plant chairperson to deal with your issues. As far as voting in a new rep., who is in the back ground that would be willing willing to move in, try and do a good job without getting eaten alive?

whom do you suggest as a replacement for the retiring skilled trades rep ?

I agree Bob would be the best fit

It sounds like Sparky1520 is already campaining for the job though

No, no campaigning on my part.

I think Doug Weib?? is going to give it a go though. He will have my vote. He is currently the night shift alternate

Edited by sparky1520

Doug who? Does he know where the Union Hall is? Sounds like his partner may be looking to get rid of him! :stirpot:

We have a Union Hall?? :shades: , oh yeah, that is where we went and "VOTED" :hysterical: on the rotating 7am,8:30am,and 12am starts with 5am frozen shift.OH no thats right we "VOTED" on just 8:30 and 12am starts, the 7 am start is for straight days, funny how they forgot to mention that at the "VOTE".

I heard that Bob Pepers was not running, but that may have just been the rumour of the day.

We have a Union Hall?? :shades: , oh yeah, that is where we went and "VOTED" :hysterical: on the rotating 7am,8:30am,and 12am starts with 5am frozen shift.OH no thats right we "VOTED" on just 8:30 and 12am starts, the 7 am start is for straight days, funny how they forgot to mention that at the "VOTE".

I heard that Bob Pepers was not running, but that may have just been the rumour of the day.

You must have been talkin' when you should'a been listin' because it was quite clear, maintain rotation of the #1 & #2 shifts for coverage of production shift(our right) due to the reduction of one shift of production, the reason all these changes are taking place. We were also informed of all the different shift start times created by MANAGEMENT(their right) :banghead: I heard the same as far as Bob, but we'll wait and see come nominations. We need a good one to step up.

You must have been talkin' when you should'a been listin' because it was quite clear, maintain rotation of the #1 & #2 shifts for coverage of production shift(our right) due to the reduction of one shift of production, the reason all these changes are taking place. We were also informed of all the different shift start times created by MANAGEMENT(their right) :banghead: I heard the same as far as Bob, but we'll wait and see come nominations. We need a good one to step up.

Bob is not interested