ALL MCC WORKERS TELL YOUR STORY

dunkin

started at mcc in 1974 skilled trade working in environmental control . laid off in 82 then I went to monroe stamping till 85. then I went to the rouge in late 85. Then to wixom in 86 till the present. Now I am waiting for a flow back assignment to another plant. I guess you could call me a traveling man Hope all the MCC people are doing well BYE FOR NOW.

started at mcc in 1974 skilled trade working in environmental control . laid off in 82 then I went to monroe stamping till 85. then I went to the rouge in late 85. Then to wixom in 86 till the present. Now I am waiting for a flow back assignment to another plant. I guess you could call me a traveling man Hope all the MCC people are doing well BYE FOR NOW.

Never worked there, but did hear a bunch a stories, when MCC opened up they took people from the Rouge (trades) and it was their choice to leave the Rouge yada yada, so they were giving up recall rights to the Rouge if MCC closed, turns out MCC closes, and all these people who choose to leave now want back in to the Rouge, and a big fight starts (verbally) turns out former Rouge people were allowed back, even though it displaced some people out of the Rouge yada yada Bottom line was you needed like 71 trade senority to hold the Rouge otherwise you ended up parts unkown. Any truth to the story, it's been along time since any discussions about it.... I think that issue is what lead to 84 leveling senoirity but don't quote me. 1974 (trade)... you must have what pushing 40 yrs senoirity unless you hired in off the street as trades

Never worked there, but did hear a bunch a stories, when MCC opened up they took people from the Rouge (trades) and it was their choice to leave the Rouge yada yada, so they were giving up recall rights to the Rouge if MCC closed, turns out MCC closes, and all these people who choose to leave now want back in to the Rouge, and a big fight starts (verbally) turns out former Rouge people were allowed back, even though it displaced some people out of the Rouge yada yada Bottom line was you needed like 71 trade senority to hold the Rouge otherwise you ended up parts unkown. Any truth to the story, it's been along time since any discussions about it.... I think that issue is what lead to 84 leveling senoirity but don't quote me. 1974 (trade)... you must have what pushing 40 yrs senoirity unless you hired in off the street as trades

Sounds about right. I was production at that time in Dearborn Glass Plant and was displaced by MCC who signed off on rights to come back to Rouge.

As a millwright with 1977 seniority, I was displaced in 1981 by MCC workers returning to the Rouge. I was told that 84 millwrights returned. A lawsuit was filed against the union and company over the seniority waivers which mysteriously disappeared. The suit was eventually dismissed in 1987. I never had steady work in the Rouge Area (including Rouge Steel) again. After being laid off in Nov 86 from the Powerhouse, I was preferentially place at Sheldon Road in August 1987. Many of the guys I worked and apprenticed with left the Rouge in the mid-late 80's. Quite a few took placements around the country. Other people can probably add their recollections.

there is a few pepeople at wixom with recall rights to the rouge probably be absorbed in the truck plant new shift . some of these people have signed up for flowback hoping to go to another plant other than the rouge. wixom workers were told the first week of june every one would be sent back to there home plant . the rest will go to gen till contract time then we do not know what will happen to all safety net programs we can only hope that are union officials will not forget the workers sitting on the side lines. HOPE SENIORITY STILL COUNTS FOR SOMETHING. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a millwright with 1977 seniority, I was displaced in 1981 by MCC workers returning to the Rouge. I was told that 84 millwrights returned. A lawsuit was filed against the union and company over the seniority waivers which mysteriously disappeared. The suit was eventually dismissed in 1987. I never had steady work in the Rouge Area (including Rouge Steel) again. After being laid off in Nov 86 from the Powerhouse, I was preferentially place at Sheldon Road in August 1987. Many of the guys I worked and apprenticed with left the Rouge in the mid-late 80's. Quite a few took placements around the country. Other people can probably add their recollections.

I knew trades from the powehouse "May their souls rest in peace" and to the people who suffered through the experience I wish you well one and all.