Alan Mulally: Apparently, this is what he was hired for

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a different world, with different considerations than the mass market.

Richard .. I think you got stuck in your conviction that this needed to be so ... i.e. that the research was shoddy, that it was Mulally's idea and that BECAUSE it was not done right it will fail..

This is no better than people being stuck in the notion that if Fusion does not sell 40k a month it is a failure ..

how about you wait and see how this pans out. per what I have heard from inside the company, the Name change was being thrown around FMC BEFORE Mulally even came over. He simply supported the movement to do research on it (yes it was short - only a couple months) and then did back the ultimate decision to go ahead with the change. He simply backed one of the factions in the company and supported their motion to research this - instead of the faction that just anted to forget about the past mistake and just deal with the present.

Was this too much of a messing with micromanagement for his position? Probably.

Does it doom the Taurus as a failure? I do not think so - I think we will see growth just because of the name change

Does this mean that Mulally will fail as a CEO? I have no clue .. I sure hope not ... but we cannot use ONE ACTION (of which we still do not know everything) to call on doom ... that is no better than all the other trolls you so persistently try to put int heir place.

Igor