Flowbackers Beware !!!!

maumee77

After reading our plant's newsletter from the union and attending a town hall meeting with our plant manager I had a couple of questions regarding a flowback situation.

After questioning a HR and union personnel some issues came to light and I wanted to let others know so they could be on the look out at their plants.

We have two people going to Sacramento CA ! One thing is, this location was not one of the choices. Ontario CA was ! (And it is one of mine !) Second thing is, apparently these individuals were offered these postitions, because Ontario CA was one of their first five choices. Where in any of the flowback paper work was it stated that your first five may be negotiated ? Had I have known that by moving Ontario CA into my first five that I may be offered another location in CA ! And why didn't the company poll all the individuals who had Ontario CA as a choice. My third issue is about senority, one of the people who are being transferred to CA has 04 senority !!! I have 99 !!!! And by doing what they did, I will not be going to CA

Furthermore, I have to wonder if I will get to any of my choices !!!! I gave the company 13 of them, Denver being my first and I am 19th on the list. The next 8 all have a lot of people signed up for them as their first choice, so I understand I would come after them ! With Portland being next, then the next two did not even have pages in our book. So I guess they were elimated earlier. Leaving Hartford and then Ontario CA. Well with negotiating and other such nonsence going on I have to wonder if I will be placed anywhere ???

So I am encourageing all flowbackers to be pro-active and watch who is going where and what is their senority? I hope and pray to get somewhere before Sept. 07 and again I hope it is one of MY choices.....Good Luck !!!!

questions regarding a flowback situation.

After questioning a HR and union personnel some issues came to light and I wanted to let others know so they could be on the look out at their plants.

We have two people going to Sacramento CA ! One thing is, this location was not one of the choices. Ontario CA was ! (And it is one of mine !) Leaving Hartford and then Ontario CA. Well with negotiating and other such nonsence going on I have to wonder if I will be placed anywhere ???

So I am encourageing all flowbackers to be pro-active and watch who is going where and what is their senority? I hope and pray to get somewhere before Sept. 07 and again I hope it is one of MY choices.....Good Luck !!!!

I appreciate your post but what did union/HR say about your situation?? And is your sen. more than theirs? If they have more, be thankful they did NOT take a spot away from your Ont,Cal. choice. Is Maumee still running?are any of you in ILO or GEN status? Trust me there is a lot of praying going on......no one here at SRP is going to a plant that was NOT signed up for....it may be their 13th pick ,but it is a pick.

HR and the Union were the ones who gave me the info, that a person with less senority was going to Sacramento. When I told them my senority, their reply was that Ontario was one of their first five choices....I told HR and the Union that it seemed like the company was changing the rules to suit themselves while the game was being played !!!! and they just knotted their heads.....

Now about Maumee, when I joined B.O.N. was during the first flowback and Maumee was my first choice hence the name. I work at Ypsilanti ACH.

A member of my church, works at Maumee and the last time I spoke with him. He said that there was a rumor that they might be closing the doors sooner than later. Maybe July instead of Sept.

Once again, flowback is all screwed up. Has anybody who has received their "moving papers" actually began working at their new facility? First it was all flowbackers would be gone by Feb 1st....then March 1st....now maybe summer shutdown....what a joke. I'm beginning to wonder if flowback will go in "full swing" due to the number of temps working at these other plants. It looks like Ford has their foot in the door on lower wages and will not let these temps go, therefore screwing up flowback. Just my opinion.......

Once again, flowback is all screwed up. Has anybody who has received their "moving papers" actually began working at their new facility? First it was all flowbackers would be gone by Feb 1st....then March 1st....now maybe summer shutdown....what a joke. I'm beginning to wonder if flowback will go in "full swing" due to the number of temps working at these other plants. It looks like Ford has their foot in the door on lower wages and will not let these temps go, therefore screwing up flowback. Just my opinion.......

I know that 9 SRP electricains have flowed to Rouge Complex. 4 are in Frame and 5 start today but I havent heard where they ended up. This was on all of their flowbacks. Not neccessarily 1st choice. The closest prod. flow is a cleaner with a start date of March 5th. He is taking this week off to go to Phoenix to scope it out b-4 he has to report.

You could be right on about temps. $14-18/hr. no bennies,no sen., no acrued time off. WOW ! their cash cows.But dont forget, they pay union dues. Ford may have a harder time market testing product lines at ACH plants and actually getting the work moved to another supplier smoothly.Sooooo.....why not sit on us(ACH) while they pay a lot less for everything.SRP has probably around 25 % temps in prod., half of Electr. are rehired retirees,and 40% of previous prod.took buyouts. Add that shit up !

ktp is receiving 500 to 800 temps..I'm hoping to flowback there but its not looking to good.They do what they want.

We have had 3 powerhouse operators to Brownstown, i powerhouse operator to R & E, 8 electricians to Rouge, 2 production to Detroit HVC, 1 productin to Lakeland, 2 to Sacramento, 1 production to Memphis, 11 to Ohio Assembly, 1 to Walton Hills and 1 to Kansas City Assembly. Some have gone, some will be leaving Mar. 1 some Mar 15, Memphis, 4/1 amd Kansas 4/1.

We have had 3 powerhouse operators to Brownstown, i powerhouse operator to R & E, 8 electricians to Rouge, 2 production to Detroit HVC, 1 productin to Lakeland, 2 to Sacramento, 1 production to Memphis, 11 to Ohio Assembly, 1 to Walton Hills and 1 to Kansas City Assembly. Some have gone, some will be leaving Mar. 1 some Mar 15, Memphis, 4/1 amd Kansas 4/1.

powerhouse is one of the areas they are trying to outsource at van dyke. good to see other plants are still bringining them on board.

I just got a page yesterday telling me that flowbacks were put on hold by International! The last list of people can leave but the rest of us are on hold again due to senority issues. Not 100% I'm TLO last week and upcoming 2 wks. but thats what I was told. Did anyone else hear this?

Edited by FORD?4?LIFE?

A union representative came to me today and asked if I was offered CA would I go ? Of course my reply was "yes". ! Just to end the mystery of where I am going and when....

But I also told him that the bigger point was that the company was doing the flowback incorrectly in my opinion !! And he agreed with me and said that "they were looking into it" who "they" are exactly I don't know. I then questioned him about a "hold" being on flowback due to senority issues, and he confirmed this !!! But said that Romeo submitted a request for someone from us.....

A union representative came to me today and asked if I was offered CA would I go ? Of course my reply was "yes". ! Just to end the mystery of where I am going and when....

But I also told him that the bigger point was that the company was doing the flowback incorrectly in my opinion !! And he agreed with me and said that "they were looking into it" who "they" are exactly I don't know. I then questioned him about a "hold" being on flowback due to senority issues, and he confirmed this !!! But said that Romeo submitted a request for someone from us.....

OK so answer me this.... If I have already been told that I'm going to KCAP and my name is on the posted flowback list, is my flowback on hold too?

After reading our plant's newsletter from the union and attending a town hall meeting with our plant manager I had a couple of questions regarding a flowback situation.

We have two people going to Sacramento CA ! One thing is, this location was not one of the choices. Ontario CA was ! (And it is one of mine !) Second thing is, apparently these individuals were offered these postitions, because Ontario CA was one of their first five choices. Where in any of the flowback paper work was it stated that your first five may be negotiated ? Had I have known that by moving Ontario CA into my first five that I may be offered another location in CA ! And why didn't the company poll all the individuals who had Ontario CA as a choice. My third issue is about senority, one of the people who are being transferred to CA has 04 senority !!! I have 99 !!!! And by doing what they did, I will not be going to CA

Furthermore, I have to wonder if I will get to any of my choices !!!! I gave the company 13 of them, Denver being my first and I am 19th on the list. The next 8 all have a lot of people signed up for them as their first choice, so I understand I would come after them ! With Portland being next, then the next two did not even have pages in our book. So I guess they were elimated earlier. Leaving Hartford and then Ontario CA. Well with negotiating and other such nonsence going on I have to wonder if I will be placed anywhere ???

Theres a lot of shit in the game, isnt there Bro.