More Incentives on New Tundra

range

They're close enough for this discussion. After all, we aren't calculating inventory taxes here....

Not always. Especially if you were using the Ford "Dealer Connection" website. Had a client point out that the Chrysler Five Star Dealer website was off by dozens of vehicles. There's usually a discrepancy with our Ford dealers and their DC websites.

Edited by RichardJensen

Not always. Especially if you were using the Ford "Dealer Connection" website. Had a client point out that the Chrysler Five Star Dealer website was off by dozens of vehicles. There's usually a discrepancy with our Ford dealers and their DC websites.

I'm not using the DC web site. Brondes has their own web site with inventory search. It may or may not be accurate but I really don't care. I'm just having a little fun with this discussion.

Edited by TomServo92

mabye fusion sales are down? lol, Braeger ford here in milwaukee has about 25 of them...

Or it might be that supply and demand are more or less matched at this point.

Consider that you can get the 4-cylinder in the following trims:

S, SE, SEL, each with manual or auto, so that's 6 combinations right there, throw in the four most popular colors for each, and that's 24, then there's the V6, available only in SE & SEL, only with auto, but with available AWD, so that's 4 combinations there, throw in the four most popular colors, and that's 16, then figure some people will want navigation, and that's maybe 2 4-cylinders and 3 6-cylinder models and that's another 5....

Granted you're not going to have as many takers on manual as on auto, and there are other factors (actual V6 to 4-cylinder mix, etc.), but 25 units for a large metro dealer is probably a pretty reasonable number.

Local Ford dealer website (yes, not as accurate as a lot count) shows 15 Fusions for our city of about 160k.

Edited by RichardJensen

Hmmmm. Have yet to see a new Tundra on the road that didn't have a dealer plate attached to the back of it. I don't know the F150 situation anymore, but I do know Silverados have been flying off of the lot without a lot in the way of incentive money. As in zero, up until last week ($1000 bonus cash for 2 weeks). All the rebate money did for Silverado inventories is make certain model/trim combinations impossible to come by. At any rate, the Tundra has two major hurdles to overcome:

1) questionable aesthetics

2) price.

Hmmmm. Have yet to see a new Tundra on the road that didn't have a dealer plate attached to the back of it. I don't know the F150 situation anymore, but I do know Silverados have been flying off of the lot without a lot in the way of incentive money. As in zero, up until last week ($1000 bonus cash for 2 weeks). All the rebate money did for Silverado inventories is make certain model/trim combinations impossible to come by. At any rate, the Tundra has two major hurdles to overcome:

1) questionable aesthetics

2) price.

As of today, they're offering $1,000 rebates on Silverados (according to the Chevy web site).

local GM dealers are offering the standard $1000k gm rebate, plus 1000 from them and 0% apr.. apparantly gm trucks arent selling well here in milwaukee.. some F150s here are selling for no rebates at all... but some have 3000k rebates... ?

and i havent seen 1 new tundra on the road yet in milwaukee.

Edited by MGallun

Holy crap, reading is fundamental. willy_nilly.gif I posted "As in zero, up until last week ($1000 bonus cash for 2 weeks)," and damned if folks didn't point out that Silverados had $1000 rebate. rofl.gif

Silverado sales were up 36% last month, year over year, and this is the first time they've put a rebate on them since the new bodystyle was introduced (in the Northwest). Rebates are regional, so i can't say what's going on in the rest of the country.

People will brag "my favorite car company has no incentives", but then when was the last time they bought a new car for full sticker? Or even a brand new car?

Bet if they do buy, they make sure they get as many 'discounts' they 'deserver'. Since they 'know alot about cars' and have to show off about the 'great deal' they got!

Holy crap, reading is fundamental. willy_nilly.gif I posted "As in zero, up until last week ($1000 bonus cash for 2 weeks)," and damned if folks didn't point out that Silverados had $1000 rebate. rofl.gif

Silverado sales were up 36% last month, year over year, and this is the first time they've put a rebate on them since the new bodystyle was introduced (in the Northwest). Rebates are regional, so i can't say what's going on in the rest of the country.

I read your email as the rebates ended last week. Sorry if that offended you in some fashion.