more rumors @ ktp

fusion power

The word at KTP is that they are going to announce this week that they are cutting a crew and will be working 2 crews 5 days 10 hours!!! anybody have any info on this? :censored:

I was told last night by a vendor that we are definitely going to 2 crew, 5-10's. Said they were told of this last week.

Edited by standinbyford

The rumor over at LAP is that you all are getting ready to add on to the stamping plant. Would that take some of the people and cusion the blow of losing a shift???

Haven't heard anything about the stamping rumor....but the 2 shift rumor was hot last night. Even heard we would get the new on Thursday but who knows.

The big announcement that we got today was that we are working saturday - 8hrs - mandatory. :headscratch:

I've worked the past three Saturdays soooo it's hard for me to believe we are going to be cut back....paint/body can't keep up now....like Indycat said..this Saturday is mandantory for 2cd shift with 1st shift paint/body working to fill the stacker..

I was told last night by a vendor that we are definitely going to 2 crew, 5-10's. Said they were told of this last week.

first off, vendors dont know squat. ford sends them a proposal, asking if they can accomodate a different schedule, that doesnt mean we are doing it. just like the rumor about changing shutdown to april......thats one funny ass rumor. its the same letter that labor puts out every year saying our vacation could be anytime between these dates. how many times have you seen shutdown not be in july? this has happened only one time in the last 25 years, so dont bank on it. by the way, if you believe everything a vendor tells you, hurry up to labor relations and pick up your voucher for a free easter turkey. hurry up though, offer ends soon!

first off, vendors dont know squat. ford sends them a proposal, asking if they can accomodate a different schedule, that doesnt mean we are doing it. just like the rumor about changing shutdown to april......thats one funny ass rumor. its the same letter that labor puts out every year saying our vacation could be anytime between these dates. how many times have you seen shutdown not be in july? this has happened only one time in the last 25 years, so dont bank on it. by the way, if you believe everything a vendor tells you, hurry up to labor relations and pick up your voucher for a free easter turkey. hurry up though, offer ends soon!

We also was told we would start tag relief and they are going to bring back the IP line and that keep from laying anyone off. who knows any more

There might be some truth to the ip thing. We build your ip at my plant and they are starting to wind things down at my plant. Its supposed to close by end of 08. We are a ach plant. There has been some employees flow back to ford allready so I could see ford taking it back to the assembly plant. your labor costs are the same as ours. We mold the parts right at our plant so maybe ford would have someone else mold them and ship them to you guys. We were told this week that the 356 door panel was going to be leaving the plant so the Ip could be next.

Duane

HE MEANT IT SO MUCH HE WROTE IT TWICE.

The word at KTP is that they are going to announce this week that they are cutting a crew and will be working 2 crews 5 days 10 hours!!! anybody have any info on this? :censored:

I know it's a hot rumor right now and anything can happen, but some things don't add up. All the other plants that I've seen going to COA are going to a 4 day 10 hour shift-3 crew schedule. Most of these plants do not have a product like KTP or a sustained order bank of 70,000 plus. Why would KTP go to 5-10's and pay all the overtime for Saturdays when you can revert back to the old schedule and not have to pay overtime under the COA. Don't get me wrong, after the last year or so any overtime would be a blessing, but from a buisiness standpoint it makes no sense. The other issue is the linespeed. They are talking about running line 1 to around 50 jobs an hour. Theres no way frame transfer, gantry and flat top will run those numbers on line 1 without MAJOR reconstruction, not to mention paint, body and trim trying to run 100 jobs per hour to accomodate both lines. Although nothing they ever do here makes any sense, it seems they will run this place into the ground if they attempt a 5 day 10 hour schedule trying to get the units they want. I guess at this point all you can do is hope for the best, and prepare for the worse!