Dealerships Continued

svttim

Sure Caroll says it the real deal. He's collecting those royalty checks every month! In actuallity he had very little, if anything to do with the development of the car. It was the brainchild of the folks in marketing (SVT). Back in the 60s Ford approached Caroll and had him do the development of the cars and I believe he actually built them. The GT500s roll off the line at Flat Rock with the rest of the stangs. The Shelby GT is shipped as a finished GT with a few oddities such as the California Special bumpers and side scoops, the Black Bullitt wheels, V6 fenders (no holes), spoiler delete trunk lids and a few other items already on the car. Shelby then adds their scoop and overlay grille and bolts on a bunch of Ford Racing bolt-ons. It's not a spectacular car performance-wise, but it is touched by Shelby employees. I think it might be the closet collectible of the two "Shelbys", but again I'm not spending my money to find out. To each his own though man! Buy what you love and drive it!

Shelby GT is a poser....11000 in add ons...11g'sin his coffers for a posey vehicle.....ditch the mis-aligned ( and on our one it is ) FAKE hood scoop, keep the suspension and add a blower...keep it to 400 hp and THEN I could justify POSSIBLY 8k.....but 11000 for this...JOKE!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby GT is a poser....11000 in add ons...11g'sin his coffers for a posey vehicle.....ditch the mis-aligned ( and on our one it is ) FAKE hood scoop, keep the suspension and add a blower...keep it to 400 hp and THEN I could justify POSSIBLY 8k.....but 11000 for this...JOKE!

You're not kidding! I couldn't believe the "Shelby" adder on the sticker. Over $2k for the GT Upfitter package then Shelby's $8k. It amounts to a sticker package with a few FRPP add-ons that could be had for about $2k over the counter. Shelby is getting WAY too much for what they do. The add-on grill is decent, but they're install over the stock grill is just cheap. Add to that their install is a hack job. Have you looked at the holes for the hood pins? It looks like they used a dull uni-bit with burrs all over the place. At least it won't rust. I really like the look and idea of the car, but I intend to do exactly what you describe, I'm buying a pedestrian GT and putting an intercooled Whipple (500HP!) on it baby! I'll still have about $12k in pocket vs. the Shelby. Since I drive my cars instead of sticking them in a vault, I'm not horribly concerned about resale down the road. I'll have my fun then move on to something else like I always do.

You're not kidding! I couldn't believe the "Shelby" adder on the sticker. Over $2k for the GT Upfitter package then Shelby's $8k. It amounts to a sticker package with a few FRPP add-ons that could be had for about $2k over the counter. Shelby is getting WAY too much for what they do. The add-on grill is decent, but they're install over the stock grill is just cheap. Add to that their install is a hack job. Have you looked at the holes for the hood pins? It looks like they used a dull uni-bit with burrs all over the place. At least it won't rust. I really like the look and idea of the car, but I intend to do exactly what you describe, I'm buying a pedestrian GT and putting an intercooled Whipple (500HP!) on it baby! I'll still have about $12k in pocket vs. the Shelby. Since I drive my cars instead of sticking them in a vault, I'm not horribly concerned about resale down the road. I'll have my fun then move on to something else like I always do.

Don't even get me started on foose , Saleen and the like...although they do at least boost HP respectively

You being a dealer/salesman, I would be very interested on what you have to say about them.

they are running all the way to the bank with their 12-20k add on BS whispering..."suckers.....we just made more $$$$ on our tack ons than the dealership made on the entire car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"