New 2007 1/2 Roush Propane F-150

range

About Bloddy time some one got Liquid Propane injection in a vehical.

Not new tech by any stech of the imagination.

Propane is an excellent motor fuel, Now just think if this tech was appiled to a specific built propane engine.

Regular Gasoline engines do not take Full advantage of the properties of Propane.

With the liquid injection in specific built propane engine you coudl easily exceed the power of gasoline and most proboly get better fuel milage. Plus propane loves turbo or super charging.

I have owned a few Propane powered cars though the years. the best one was a factory equipped propane 83 LTD ( fox body LTD) It came from the factory with the 2.3L 4 banger.

The Last time I drove it was in 1998. At that time it cost $25 bucks to fill and it would take me 800KM's (500 Miles approx) Propane has doubled in price since.

Yes the car was gutless (when cold) but it would keep up to traffic no prob and passing on the hyway was not a big issue. But when things were sub zero it was a complete pig till it warmed up. The one advantge of Propane is there is no shortage of heat for the winter.

But that 4 banger could have not been making 20Hp when it was cold. On a -15C or colder start you would start the car, put it in gear, put the pedal to the floor, and wait. After about a minuit the car would start to move as the engine was starting to build some heat and make some power. Once it was up to operating temp it had almost as much power as the 3.8L V6 cars. And was way better than the Gasoline 2.3L cars.

The car has long since been retired to the grave yard. But the engine and propane system I kept. For some future project (ya right).

Personally I would like to see propane make a come back. Currently it is still a by product of the refining proccess and is flared off in a lot plants here. A waste really.

Matthew