Ford Feels Heat To Refreshen Lineup

how come escape commercials advertise 28 mpg on highway, and you are telling me the escape is getting 16-17 mpg! do you own an escape, and are getting this kind of mileage, or are you just being stupid! I have an 06 mustang gt and i get 22-24 mpg on the highway, and that is no lie. Anyone else getting 16-17 mpg in their escape? :ohsnap:

I have a 2001 V6 4x4 Escape and it rarely exceeds 22.0 mpg on the highway (usually lower). It was rated at 24. Never happened.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when most of us deduct taxes, a gallon of gasoline would be about 20-30 percent cheaper. Everyday the new reports record high gasoline prices. If the powers that be don't step in and nix the taxes (at least for a while), we're all screwed. I feel for the people who have/had to drive for a living.

The politicians will not do anything about high gas prices. That I promise. Republicans are getting rich off the gasoline stocks and the Democrats will say, "Drive less or buy a more fuel efficient vehicle - Stop global warming."

Well, no one is holding a gun to our heads. That is why I am not trading in my SUV for a Civic.

Here in Florida we are dealing with a property tax issue where people have been fed up by the escalating amounts. Currently your assessed the highest and best possible use. So many things are being fought by the state house and senate each with different methods of lowering the property tax burden (but remember we don't have personal state taxes though)

75% of your property taxes, go to your counties school board.

+

FL has a high school graduation rate of just 60%

= A bunch of homeowners who are ticked at that fact.

Conclusion: Let's clean up the school boards spending, and see why it's THAT bad where such high tax money is not being spent wisely.

Same with gases...all these taxes levied on it....let's look into where each penny is going and restructure it.

this thread has gone way off topic but what the hell.

flat tax on gasoline helps... but it's not nearly enough. it's the sales taxes that go alongside the are killing

time to give something back, the state is more than making up for it in sales taxes anyway. no wonder the politicians could care less about the price of gasoline. they're double-dipping

from energy.ca.gov:

"Taxes for gasoline in California are: 18.4 cents/gallon for federal excise taxes; 18 cents/gallon for state excise taxes; and local and state sales taxes. Sales taxes vary depending on the city and county you may be in...but on average the sales tax, roughly 8 percent, adds between 16 and 25 cents to a gallon of gasoline, depending on the local rate and the final price of the gasoline"

so 36.4 cents plus 25 cents equals... about 61c I'm paying right now. since the prices are only going to go higher, short term, it's time for the state to start limiting the amount of tax (sales tax) on a gallon of gasoline to a max of 25c. but yeah they'd never do it.