ACH plants status

Pumpmaster

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../704270391/1148

Scroll down a bit to read the part about "one or two (ACH) plants may stay open a while longer to ensure an untinterrupted flow of parts..."

Anybody wanna speculate on which plants?

[/quoteI

I think that Monroe may be one of the plants staying open for a while longer. Monroe makes catalytic converters. They will eventually close, but getting the number of converters needed from other companies may not be so easy at first.

That is my speculation.

I would imagine that they are refering to certain plant(s) that have no chance of being sold.

I know for a fact that Saline's doors are staying open. But there are a couple of companies looking at it too. Money is being dumped into that building like its nobody's buisness!

So far this year, With projects that are currently underway. There is about 10million worth of investment going on inside, And more is coming.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../704270391/1148

Scroll down a bit to read the part about "one or two (ACH) plants may stay open a while longer to ensure an untinterrupted flow of parts..."

Anybody wanna speculate on which plants?

Here is today's Detroit News article. It narrows it down to either Sandusky, Saline, or Utica.

Sorry, not Monroe or Indy!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../705010321/1148

Here is today's Detroit News article. It narrows it down to either Sandusky, Saline, or Utica.

Sorry, not Monroe or Indy!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../705010321/1148

OK, call me picky, but the second article leaves out at least 3 other ACH plants: Monroe, Lamosa, and Indy. Also, the first article (about "one or two plants...") quotes Mullaly at the conf. call; the second article is speculation by the writer.

OK, call me picky, but the second article leaves out at least 3 other ACH plants: Monroe, Lamosa, and Indy. Also, the first article (about "one or two plants...") quotes Mullaly at the conf. call; the second article is speculation by the writer.
Good reply, anybody can speculate. The writer who wrote the second article has as much merit as the person who runs the drive-thru at Dairy Queen.

Does it really matter who stays open a little longer? Sooner or later, they will all be closed.
I see your point, but if I can keep working another year or so......I'll take it. I'd like to put off the layoff as long as I can. If it's 6 months longer, it's better then nothing. This day and age, you have to take what they give you.

• 2 weeks later...
I would imagine that they are refering to certain plant(s) that have no chance of being sold.

I know for a fact that Saline's doors are staying open. But there are a couple of companies looking at it too. Money is being dumped into that building like its nobody's buisness!

So far this year, With projects that are currently underway. There is about 10million worth of investment going on inside, And more is coming.

Nice tits!

post-27216-1179509428_thumb.jpg

Edited by Furious1Auto

With this news, I wonder if Saline is one of the ACH plants that the company said would stay open past 2008?

Lets look at one strong bit of information. Utica has already been given a time of death by ACH/Ford (and started the process). Saline has not even started that process, Or even thought of doing so.

The thing is, How many from Utica want to drive 1.5+ hours to Saline? Im sure they will opt. to flowback first. We have been hearing about getting product from Utica for a while now.

I have attached a picture of of a letter that was handed out at saline today. I hope you can read it (camera phone). post-9946-1179507375_thumb.jpg

Oh no. Everyone from SRP will recognize that signature ! Furburg...er Verburg ! This may keep Saline open longer but it will still be sold. Atleast some with 27-28 yrs may get to their 30 . New suitors dont want the Ford employees (so far) so only thing that changes is the time.

If Verburg can strengthen Saline, all his cronies may have a better chance of being kept by the new owners rather than hitting the street if it closes.

Oh no. Everyone from SRP will recognize that signature ! Furburg...er Verburg ! This may keep Saline open longer but it will still be sold. Atleast some with 27-28 yrs may get to their 30 . New suitors dont want the Ford employees (so far) so only thing that changes is the time.

If Verburg can strengthen Saline, all his cronies may have a better chance of being kept by the new owners rather than hitting the street if it closes.

There's not many at Saline (that I know) that hate the guy. Actually, I think he is straight up about shit most of the time. But I also keep in mind he has a job to do.

Our local and Verburg have done alot to strengthen Saline, Your mouth would hit the floor if you seen all the work thats going on in there right now. And not to mention what all will be happening soon.